Pro Guitar/Bass Updates for Older Songs Coming on 3/1

#1 Edited by skrutop (3812 posts) -

As part of the weekly DLC announcement, hmxhenry announced that several previously released songs will be getting pro-guitar/bass updates alongside the launch of the Fender Squire Strat release next week.  Here's the list of songs:

* Blink 182 – “Dammit”
* Boston – “More Than A Feeling”
* Creedence Clearwater Revival – “Bad Moon Rising”
* Creedence Clearwater Revival – “Fortunate Son (Original Version)”
* Eve 6 – “Inside Out”
* The James Gang – “Funk #49″
* The Knack – “My Sharona (Cover Version)”
* Lynyrd Skynyrd – “Simple Man”
* Metallica – “…And Justice for All”
* The Offspring – “Self Esteem”
* Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble – “Pride and Joy”

Gotta admit, I didn't see that one coming at all.  Damn cool that they found a way to make it work.  Too bad that they're not adding keys or harmonies, but I'm totally getting the pro update for "More Than a Feeling" and "Funk #49."  Anyone have the balls to try  "...And Justice for All" or the solo to  "My Sharona?"  Speaking of which, it's interesting that they did a pro update for a cover song.
#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14928 posts) -

Hey, awesome! I have quite a few of those already. Now I just need a pro guitar.  :(

#3 Posted by Gamer_152 (14479 posts) -

Some nice choices in there. It'd be really great to see them adding keys, harmonies, and pro parts for more DLC songs though.

#4 Posted by skrutop (3812 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" Hey, awesome! I have quite a few of those already. Now I just need a pro guitar.  :( "
It's fun as hell.  Really, really hard though.
#5 Posted by Blueprint12 (290 posts) -
@skrutop said:

Anyone have the balls to try  "...And Justice for All" or the solo to  "My Sharona?"  Speaking of which, it's interesting that they did a pro update for a cover song. "
Or does anyone have the balls to try "Pride and Joy" on Pro Guitar??

Wished they did Texas Flood though.  That one would really take balls to try.
#6 Posted by Blueprint12 (290 posts) -
@skrutop said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" Hey, awesome! I have quite a few of those already. Now I just need a pro guitar.  :( "
It's fun as hell.  Really, really hard though. "
What he said ^^
#7 Posted by skrutop (3812 posts) -
@Blueprint12 said:
" @skrutop said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
What he said ^^ "
I can get 5 stars on like two songs on medium.  Every now and again I have to switch back to fake guitar so I can feel good about myself :P
#8 Posted by Marcsman (3597 posts) -

Oh shit!!!!!!!!!! 
Justice For All? 
Wow!!!!!!!!!!
#9 Posted by Zealousadonis (138 posts) -

Disappointed in the lack of keys support, I mean not all of those songs have keyboards in them but keys support added to Boston would be swell.

#10 Posted by Blueprint12 (290 posts) -
@skrutop said:
" @Blueprint12 said:
" @skrutop said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
What he said ^^ "
I can get 5 stars on like two songs on medium.  Every now and again I have to switch back to fake guitar so I can feel good about myself :P "
Haha lucky I still can't even do medium!! lol.

I usually play plastic guitar since of course mostly all my music is from Rock Band 2 and before.  But yeah, pro guitar is really tough.  I only can get 5 star on easy lol.  I haven't got to play pro guitar in a while though since I've been busy with college and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 haha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.