Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

Rock Band 2 Export Information

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By SMTDante89

http://rockbandaide.com/9308/rock-band-2-export-details/      

UPDATE:  HOW TO EXPORT ON EACH CONSOLE

PLEASE NOTE: If you are in Europe and have a 25 character code, you only need to enter the first 16 digits.

Xbox 360 Export

The export is now live, and is accessible by entering the 16 character code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual in the “Redeem Code” area of the “Get More Songs” section of  Rock Band 3. (If you receive an error, try the process again later, as there are LOTS of people trying to get this to work at the same time.) You will need to make sure you are signed in and connected to Xbox Live. If you have a 25 digit code, you probably have a copy from outside of your geographical location and will have to wait until the export mechanism goes live in your country. 

PS3 Export

The export process will go live sometime after 4:00 PM (Eastern), once the PSN Store has been updated.

1. Visit rockband.com/ps3-export
    2. When prompted, enter the code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual
    3. Copy down the new code that the website gives you
    4. In Rock Band 3, go to “Get More Songs” in the Main Menu
    5. Select “Redeem Code”
    6. Enter the code you received from the website

Wii Export

Similar to the PS3, the export process will go live once the Nintendo Store has been updated (and is something that Harmonix cannot control).

1. If you’ve played Rock Band 2 on your Wii, Rock Band 3 will automatically detect your Rock Band 2 Save Data.
    2. Go to “Get More Songs” from the Main Menu in Rock Band 3.
    3. Go to “Redeem Code”
    4. Select “Previously Redeemed Code”
    5. Select “Rock Band 2 Export Pack” (you’ll be prompted to pay 1,000 Wii Points)
    6. Your export will take several minutes to complete. You can also select which specific tracks you’d like to export.
      NOTE: The code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual is required to obtain the export. If you do not have this, please go to support.ea.com. They should be able to help you get a new code.      

Export is $9.99/800 Microsoft Points for those that didn't know from last week.  You will need the code on the back of the Rock Band 2 manual to actually export.  The Rock Band 2 disc is not needed for the export.  There is an option on the Rock Band 3 disc that allows you to input the code from the back of the Rock Band 2 manual to export the Rock Band 2 disc songs onto the Rock Band 3 disc. 

Songs that DO NOT EXPORT:

• AC/DC – Let There Be Rock
    • Journey – Any Way You Want It
    • Metallica – Battery
    • Red Hot Chili Peppers – Give It Away
    • Soundgarden – Spoonman     

Also, the nine Harmonix band songs do not export, but will be re-released at a later date in a free DLC pack.   These songs include: 

• Abnormality – Visions
    • Anarchy Club – Get Clean
    • Bang Camaro – Night Lies
    • Breaking Wheel – Shoulder to the Plow
    • Libyans – Welcome to the Neighborhood
    • The Main Drag – A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
    • Speck – Conventional Lover
    • The Sterns – Supreme Girl
    • That Handsome Devil – Rob the Prez-O-Dent

Again, please note: 

THESE NINE SONGS ABOVE WILL BE RE-RELEASED AT A LATER DATE AS A FREE DLC PACK

Individuals that received Rock Band 3 early have also noted that two songs from the Rock Band 1 export were not in Rock Band 3 when they first started the game up.  These songs were: 

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

Many rumors went around because of this.  At this time no information has come from Harmonix, but since these two bands have songs on Rock Band 2 that will not export, we can probably assume these are blocked from being used in Rock Band 3

The export takes up approximately 1.93 GB on the XBox 360 (I will assume it's about the same for the PS3) and is downloaded as one pack instead of individual songs like the Rock Band 1 Export was.  

If you have already exported songs from Rock Band 1, Lego: Rock Band, Green Day: Rock Band, or any track packs, these are already on your Hard Disk Drive and

DO NOT

need to be re-exported or paid for again.  Downloadable Content will also automatically be put into Rock Band 3.  However, there have been reports of a couple of DLC songs not appearing, specifically from the week with the two Tenacious D songs.  Again, no official confirmation from Harmonix if this is intentional or a bug that will be patched soon.

If there's any info I may have left out, feel free to call me out on it. 
    Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Stahlbrand

So its Give it Away?  I heard the missing RHCP song was going to be Dani California on the RB Forums, but they're down ATM.

EDIT: looks like it might be Dani and Give It Away, both on disk songs for RHCP and Soundgarden - rumours of exclusivity deals with Activision (Soundgarden was bullish on WoR, and a GH: RHCP game has been rumour fodder for a while now)

Avatar image for anthropomorphic_bear
    Anthropomorphic_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Oh, but Dani California is also missing in Rock Band 3 - even if it's on your hard drive, it won't appear in the music library

*cue speculations of a Power Gig: RHCP spinoff*

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#4  Edited By Marino  Staff

While I like RHCP, losing those 5 sings isn't too bad.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By stackboy

It's not working with UK versions of the game. I imported it from there (I'm in Aus) and the code on the back of manual doesn't fit.

Hopefully there is a fix soon, really want to play Lazy Eye by SIlversun Pickups in a custom playlist.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SMTDante89

Edited/added a few things in the original post  Again, feel free to call me out on any info that may have been left out.
    ST1LL_iLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ST1LL_iLL

I'm not a big RHCP fan anyway. Won't miss these songs. I WILL, however, miss Battery and Anyway you want it. I could always get Let There Be Rock off of the AC DC disc, so that's no big loss either.

Kaburorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Kaburorne

I am SO glad that Let There Be Rock is not being exported- that song is shit! 
    But it's a shame that the other four songs are not being brought forward- they were some of my favourites from Rock Band. Spoonman especially.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By A Likely Story

Whaaaaaat, why Anyway You Want It? That blows. 

I think I can live without the Soundgarden and RHCP tracks, but I am disappointed. 

Couldn't care less about Battery and Let There Be Rock.

Superdude201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Superdude201

Majorly disappointed about losing Anyway you Want It, played that a heck of a lot.

Kinda unsure how UK people will export it though, as the UK version had a 25 character microsoft store code, where as i've read that America had a 16 digit code. Hopefully it'll work the same, but if it did you'd expect all the codes used to be the same length.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By melcene

Can someone answer this for me: 

When we perform the above export, will that also export any other disks that we had exported INTO RB2, or will those also need to be exported? 

I'd like to know if I will need to pay all over again to export AC/DC, Lego Rock Band, Beatles Rock Band, and other Track Pack disks into RB3.
    SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SMTDante89
    @melcene said:
    "

Can someone answer this for me: 

When we perform the above export, will that also export any other disks that we had exported INTO RB2, or will those also need to be exported?  I'd like to know if I will need to pay all over again to export AC/DC, Lego Rock Band, Beatles Rock Band, and other Track Pack disks into RB3. "

Anything you have already exported is on your Hard Drive and therefore does not need to be re-exported or paid for again.  I think that's what you were asking anyway.  I put that in the original post anyway just in case others were wondering.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By melcene

Yeah, I think that's what I was asking.  It is stuff that was previously exported, and I was afraid of getting ripped off and having to pay to export it all again. 

Thanks for adding this info to your post!

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Shadow

I'm assuming the missing DLC songs are just ones that haven't yet been given pro drums, since all songs in the game so far, have been.  That's just a guess though.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By 234r2we232

Dani California is one of my favourite drum songs. Eff.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SMTDante89

Updated the original post with information people that lost their manuals will be happy to hear. 

"NOTE: The code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual is required to obtain the export. If you do not have this, please go to support.ea.com. They should be able to help you get a new code."
    SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SMTDante89

Another update.  How to export on each of the three consoles.
    packfan104l4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By packfan104l4

Now if only the damn rockband.com site would be up so we can export on the PS3...

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By CptBedlam

So, yeah... I'm from Germany and I have a 25 digit code on the manual. I guess that means waiting, doesn't it?

Bumbuliuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bumbuliuz

Im in Europe also and I thought the same thing. But you only need to input the first 16 numbers and your good. I did it a few minutes ago and it worked like a charm.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Damn it, I want that Journey song (clearly, it's not any way I want my songs).

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Dallas_Raines

For those without the manual or case, if you had used the code for the original track pack then harmonix should have emailed you a different code, because you would have had to enter the manual code on the Rock Band site and then they would email you a new one to use on the xbox. That code will give you the export.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SMTDante89

Just updated the original post about only having to put in the first 16 digits on your code.  I'll try to keep a little more up-to-date with any new info as best as I can as long as University work doesn't get in the way.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SMTDante89

It's Christmas, and so for those that may be getting Rock Band 3 for Christmas could possibly use this info, here it is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.