Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 4

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 06, 2015

An installment of the band-focused rhythm game for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Focusing on the core vocals, drums, guitar, and bass instruments, Rock Band 4 offers a new set of on-disc songs while supporting players' existing DLC libraries.

Weekend jam sessions?

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

Inspired by one A. Navarro, I've been playing Rock Band a lot during lockdown. Turns out, it takes a while to get good at drums, who knew? However, I recently dipped into the online features on Xbox One and it actually works pretty well. I was wondering if anyone would be up for playing some songs on Saturdays? I'm not up to Alex's standard of drumming, nor do I particularly have his taste in music (some of the stuff in his shit lists are songs I dig), but I would hazard that most people don't have a working drum kit these days.

Drop a note below if you're interested. I live in the mountain time zone in the US and would probably get on some time in the afternoon/early evening to play. Sorry to PS4 players, my music library lives on Xbox.

HibikiRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Really wish I hadn't gotten rid of my set.

bWo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I might be able to. I'm in Atlantic Canada, so three hours' time difference could be an issue. Still buying songs (1,925 and counting).

My song library is here.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'd be down. I sadly only have my RB guitar at the moment (drum kit won't fit in this tiny apartment, haha), but that sounds like it shouldn't be a problem. I'm one of the few people I know close to numbers in Alex's library as I've got... around 2100 songs? Certainly not everything, but most of it I'd say. Central time as well so not a huuuuge time difference!

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johncallahan: @bwo: Dayum, and here I thought my 1478 songs were a lot... sounds good though, maybe we can work something out this weekend. I’m Phoenix654 in XBL as well, feel free to drop me a message.

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johncallahan: @bwo: it’s obviously been a helluva week since I posted this, so if you guys want to skip it for now, I understand. I’m going to get on and blow off some steam by hitting the drums for a while, hit me up if you feel like it.

bWo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, it was a pretty hectic week for me, even without the craziness in Washington. Will keep an eye out for you guys on Saturdays when I'm online.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By meatsofevil

Hello friends, I recently got my hands back on my old Ion Drum Rocker (and modded it with mesh drum heads!) I've been playing drums via Phase Shift on PC, but I have gear coming in to get my kit to work on PS4 Rock Band 4. So if anyone is interested in playing on PS4 hit me up!

The hoops one has to jump through to get the Ion Drum Rocker to cooperate with modern consoles is nonsense. I had to order a custom fan-made midi adapter called a "Roll Limitless" and that won't show up for another few weeks. It's worth it though, because the old Mad Catz Midi Pro Adapters are going for $400+ a pop.

I've also been streaming some drumming as well, man it's been so fun. Glad I've gotten back into it, getting my expert drumming chops back.

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatsofevil: That sounds like a headache, but glad to hear you're getting back into it! Sorry I don't have the ability to get on the PS4 and jam with ya. What do you use to stream? I did that a little before Mixer shut down, but have been thinking about getting back into it... I'll just have to get a capture card or something to hook my Xbox One up to my PC. Truly wandering in the dark on that though, but it'd be fun to figure out.

@bwo:No worries, life happens duder. I get on most Saturdays anyway, just to hit the drums for a while. Hit me up if you see me on and we can play some songs.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenix654: It really is. I've been streaming on Twitch using Streamlabs. I've been really impressed with it, especially since it uses OBS. I do have an Avermedia Pcie capture card installed in my PC for streaming consoles and stuff, I recommend it! I have no clue what they're going for these days, though an Elgato might be a cheaper, simpler solution.

How long have you been playing? You enjoying it?

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatsofevil: I’ll have to look into it, that at least gives me a starting point.

I’ve played the Harmonix rhythm games since Guitar Hero 1, got RB1 at launch and it’s been a near constant background hobby since. It’s a ton of fun. I’ve just not gotten into trying to improve my expert pro drum skills until lockdown started, to somewhat good effect. I can pretty much sight read anything three dot difficulty or lower now, four dots are rough, five dots are hard, and only a handful of devil head songs are playable. I just don’t have the speed or kick pedal capability yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.