Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band Blitz

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 29, 2012

Rock Band Blitz is an arcade-style rhythm game from Harmonix that is "fast, and loud, and silly, and a little over the top, and bright, and fun, and quick." It is capable of using every song from a player's Rock Band library.

Gold stars not showing up?

TheBookNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheBookNerd

I am currently ranked #3 in the leaderboards for a particular song. Yet I do not have gold stars. I have five stars, but they are not gold. Is this unusual? Has anyone experienced problems with not getting gold stars?

For comparison, I have gold stars in Journey's "Don't Stop Believing," and I am ranked #72.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

It's the same criteria as in the other Rock Bands, right? You need to play on Expert and get around 1.4x the score you need for 5 stars? Maybe you didn't hit one of those. Try messing with the power ups?

TheBookNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheBookNerd

Just made it. Yeah, I read somewhere about the 1.4x 5 star score. I guess that's what it is. Just seems weird that I'm now #2 on the leaderboards and only just now got gold stars. So me and one other person have gold stars on this song and that's it?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

It's normal. I'm in the top 10 of a couple of songs and only got enough score for 5 stars. I have gotten gold on a couple of tracks that I'm ranked about 700 in.

Joey Blanton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Joey Blanton

I'm number one on a song, and haven't managed to get gold stars on it. So it's definitely based on score rather than leaderboard position.

From what I've been able to gather, you have to beat The Duke's score on a song to get gold stars. They don't really surface what that score is, but I've found it to be a handy reference.

Granted, I also don't have anyone on my friends list playing Blitz, so I always have the AI characters displayed as my rivals.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.