Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band Unplugged

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Rock Band Unplugged is a portable version of Harmonix's famous music games, Amplitude and Frequency, with a Rock Band theme and visual design. It was developed by both Backbone Entertainment and Harmonix.

Rock Band Unplugged IGN Review

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By RHCPfan24
    The IGN Review is up.....almost 3 weeks before the game comes out.

It is looking pretty hot and the review pretty much said that it is very similar to Frequency/Amplitude but with the Rock Band presentation and the regular Rock Band oriented soundtrack.

I am probably not going to get much mileage out of the music store that is included because they are the same price as the console versions ($2 each) and none of the songs you bought on your home console, even the PS3, transfer over to the PSP. So, yeah, I am not going to buy songs again.

Nonetheless, this game looks pretty cool and is another PSP game to look forward to. Thoughts? Will you be getting this game?

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By sarahsdad

Ya. Just traded in Resistance in towards this last weekend.

DFILL450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DFILL450

That game actually makes me want a PSP again. I loved Frequency, and would love to play this game.

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By squirtle_squad

this game is ok, trust me ive played it.
    if youve ever played djmax and gotten decent at it this will not compare, hell you might even call this trash.
    my main gripe with this game is that there is no option to just stay on one track.
    as for the challenging part of this game there is only one and thats switching between the tracks but thats mostly annoying (i dont like to sing or play bass).
    if youve never played djmax then this is a great stepping stone to getting the hang of it.
    but then again if you dont like techno or korean pop/hip hop then youll prefer this game.

EDIT: i love the first and second rock band so dont say im biased to djmax im just saying its a better handheld music rhythm game.
    EDIT#2: ive gone back to play it some more and its pretty rad though the songs could be better, custimizing your band is great. so screw whatever i said about it being bad/annoying and buy this damn thing when it comes out!

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Phished0ne

This game is pretty good, I think its a little on the hard side, but, i remember Frequency and Amplitude being pretty hard themselves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.