Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Rock Band expands on the concepts Harmonix established in its Guitar Hero franchise by allowing players to play guitar, bass, drums, and sing to a variety of songs from various sub-genres and time periods.

Australian Date and Price announced.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By samfo

Kind of just doing a 'serbsta' here in copying and pasting an article, but it's worth it.

After one of the longest delays in gaming history Aussies will finally be able to get their hands on the original Rock Band on 7 November 2008. After months of speculation, rumours of an October release and then retail whispers that we'd never see the game locally, EA assures us the long-awaited game will get a local release.

Rock Band will be released on PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and PS2 in a variety of bundles for each. PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and PS2 owners will be able to buy the game and instrument pack for a surprisingly reasonable $250 AUD. They can also opt for the game and drums for $180 AUD, guitar and game for $140 AUD or an additional guitar for $90 AUD. The only real difference in pricing between the consoles is the standalone game, which will retail for $100 AUD on PS3 and Xbox 360, $70 AUD on PS2 and $90 AUD on Wii. There are also 200 songs available for download on PS3 and Xbox 360 online services (PS2 and Wii owners can buy song packs at retail).

Although music fans may be understandably frustrated with Rock Band's year-long delay in Australia, EA has made a significant step towards appeasing fans by pricing the game quite a bit cheaper than Guitar Hero: World Tour. Activision announced pricing for its game earlier this month, which has it priced at $330 AUD for the instrument and game bundle on PS3 and Xbox 360 (it's a little cheaper on PS2 and Wii).

Although more expensive, Guitar Hero: World Tour has the advantage of being released on time (12 November), with instruments that have seen a year's tweaking over the original Rock Band. Also, we can't help but wonder why EA didn't opt to release Rock Band 2 (which went on sale earlier this month in the US) and simply offer Rock Band as a standalone software bundle.

To help you decide which music title rocks your world most in the lead up to both of the November releases why not browse through our many articles on Rock Band and Guitar Hero: World Tour.

Source

IMO they should have at least released the new instruments, I'm guessing we are getting refurbs.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By coakroach

Australia is still screwed over violently by the games industry on a regular basis
    :,(

Shasam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Shasam

At least it's coming out, at long last, but that's still got to be slightly bad news. Just after the US gets the RB2, Australia only just gets the first one? That sucks. Maybe they will manage to catch up a bit with Rock Band 2.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

RB2 comin to Australia in 2020 Confirm XD
    lol i should be laughin its the same here in europe :(
    By the way whats the difference between rockban 2 and world tour( hardware)???

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#5  Edited By Dimsey

Great to have a release date and that's a pretty good price. Considering the wait they put us through it's good to know they won't be punishing our wallets too heavily as well.
    I'll probably grab both RB1 and GH4. GH4 will be plenty good, but considering RB1 has pretty damn good support as far as DLC goes well I can't really pass that up.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rowr

no freaking way im buying this over GHWT. Old ass instruments.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JakJ

It really does seem to becoming that

Rock Band = America's Music Game (and I guess Canada's.... if they MUST enjoy music)

GH World Tour = PAL Land's Music Game

SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By SgtReznor

It's pretty much like Harmonix has thought "Shit, we've still got all this hardware from the first RockBand game we made - what are we going to do with it all?" "Hey, I have an idea - what ever happened to releasing this game in Australia? We should give that another shot. They won't be pissed at all!"

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By samfo

I'm pumped! The music store officially opens in 34 minutes apparentley! Wooo!

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By oldschool

Already ordered GHWT.  Everything about it appears better, especially for the Wii.  Better instruments and a proper online service.  Only room for one band in my house and Rockband it isn't.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By KindGalaxy

I don't have living room, games room or computer room space to fit a musical set, my wife already has a piano in the living room, I already have my real guitars in the games room, can't really put the Rock Band or GHWT sets anywhere :/

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Snail
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "RB2 comin to Australia in 2020 Confirm XD
    lol i should be laughin its the same here in europe :(
    By the way whats the difference between rockban 2 and world tour( hardware)???"

One is better than the other?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.