Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Rock Band expands on the concepts Harmonix established in its Guitar Hero franchise by allowing players to play guitar, bass, drums, and sing to a variety of songs from various sub-genres and time periods.

Rock Band 3 Set Song-by-Song: 20th Century Boy

Gunstarheroes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Gunstarheroes7

As a huge music fan and gamer, i play a lot of the Rock Band series, and to a lesser extent, Guitar Hero/DJ Hero/DDR/Gitaroo Man/Parappa/Etc. So i figured i'd do a day by day look into each song in the upcoming Rock Band 3! So let's cut the formalities and get straight to the first song, 20th Century Boy by T.Rex! 

Song: 20th Century Boy 
    Artist: T. Rex 
    Year: 1973 
    Tiering: 4/4/3/5/5 (Guitar/Bass/Drums/Keys/Vocals) 
     Other Music Games: Guitar Hero 5 

Well it may one of the more boring songs in the set, as far as charting is concerned, 20th Century Boy is easily one of the most famous songs by glam band T. Rex. Even if the riff is repetitive, its badass, and very famous, and has a cool solo as you exit the song, though it will be interesting to see how long it goes on for in comparison to GH5 (HMX tends to end songs quicker on fade-out tracks then GH).  Bass is a bit more exciting than usual, but nothing noteworthy. Drums are pretty straightforward, and nothing seems like to catch anyone off guard. I don't notice much of any keyboard presence in the song, but it should be interesting to see what Harmonix has unearthed all of the other tracks that i can't seem to hear, though it is most likely the same guitar riff, just played on keys/some other instrument. Vocals are noticeable, in that it's one of the song with very noticable vocal harmonies, one of the big-toted features in the game, and one of the very few with a male/female vocal harmony. Easily vocals will be a stand-out on the track. The song itself sounds right off of any of the 70's best glam albums, next to Bowie or Glitter. Not a huge stand-out, but not wasted space either

Gunstarheroes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gunstarheroes7

As a huge music fan and gamer, i play a lot of the Rock Band series, and to a lesser extent, Guitar Hero/DJ Hero/DDR/Gitaroo Man/Parappa/Etc. So i figured i'd do a day by day look into each song in the upcoming Rock Band 3! So let's cut the formalities and get straight to the first song, 20th Century Boy by T.Rex! 

Song: 20th Century Boy 
    Artist: T. Rex 
    Year: 1973 
    Tiering: 4/4/3/5/5 (Guitar/Bass/Drums/Keys/Vocals) 
     Other Music Games: Guitar Hero 5 

Well it may one of the more boring songs in the set, as far as charting is concerned, 20th Century Boy is easily one of the most famous songs by glam band T. Rex. Even if the riff is repetitive, its badass, and very famous, and has a cool solo as you exit the song, though it will be interesting to see how long it goes on for in comparison to GH5 (HMX tends to end songs quicker on fade-out tracks then GH).  Bass is a bit more exciting than usual, but nothing noteworthy. Drums are pretty straightforward, and nothing seems like to catch anyone off guard. I don't notice much of any keyboard presence in the song, but it should be interesting to see what Harmonix has unearthed all of the other tracks that i can't seem to hear, though it is most likely the same guitar riff, just played on keys/some other instrument. Vocals are noticeable, in that it's one of the song with very noticable vocal harmonies, one of the big-toted features in the game, and one of the very few with a male/female vocal harmony. Easily vocals will be a stand-out on the track. The song itself sounds right off of any of the 70's best glam albums, next to Bowie or Glitter. Not a huge stand-out, but not wasted space either

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.