Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Rock Band expands on the concepts Harmonix established in its Guitar Hero franchise by allowing players to play guitar, bass, drums, and sing to a variety of songs from various sub-genres and time periods.

The day has finally come.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    Source: G4tv.com
    "Also, coming this Thursday, Harmonix will be releasing a patch that will allow the PS3 Les Paul guitar controller from Guitar Hero III to be compatible with Rock Band --possibly with part two as well but it has not been confirmed. Rock Band 2, published by MTV Games, will be out this September 14 for the Xbox 360 following the PS3, PS2 and Nintendo Wii's version releases on October."

Yes, this is the day I was waiting for! Thank you  Harmonix  and I will now buy a GH3 guitar controller for bass instead of the Strat that may break. But if the Les Paul doesn't work with Rock Band 2, I'd be screwed so its best that I wait for the additional announcement.  What do you guys think? Should I wait or get it now?
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Otacon

Yeah this is awesome. Are you sure that the Gh3 controller isn't compatible with RB2?

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Read the report. it maybe or maybe not. Hope it does because I love the design of the Les Paul.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Otacon

Oh right sorry. I'm going to call that it will be, they are going for this universal thing. 

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Yea, you're maybe right.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Timma1083

About damn time they fixed this. Looks like Activision finally let them release the patch.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MetalGearSunny

yep thank god.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.