Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock of Ages II: Bigger & Boulder

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 28, 2017

Sequel to the tower defense/Monkey Ball/art history mashup Rock of Ages.

PSA: The PS4 bundle is a scam

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
    IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By IndeedCodyBrown

This is the bundle that I just got because I was excited to have both RoA games on my PS4.

No Caption Provided

But after the checkout, it's revealed that the copy of Rock of Ages 1 isn't on PS4, but PS3.

No Caption Provided

Atlus has some 'splaining to do.

I don't want a refund really, I just think this is shitty business practice. The few bucks extra I spent won't kill me but damn this sucks.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

HAH! I mean, Yikes!

That should be a little more clear, however you gotta love "Bigger and Boulder", I mean, come on...

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well, according to the game site giantbomb.com, rock of ages was ps3n and no ps4 release.

I feel this is more on psn than atlus here... the psn listing is missing that info, and I don't believe atlus controls that one.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, that's straight up dirty. It's entirely possible people will buy this who don't even own a PS3. It's not even like including a 360 game that's backwards compatible, because at least then you could play it on the same console.

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
    IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IndeedCodyBrown

@madman356647: I thought it would be a port. I had no reason not to think this was the case.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly. It LITERALLY said "Rock of Ages 2: COMPLETE Bundle" and "Download to PS4"

@madman356647: I thought it would be a port. I had no reason not to think this was the case.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's fucked. Everything on that page says PS4 and nothing says PS3.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It's kinda weird they even allowed that on the PS4 store since the PS4 store doesn't show non-PS4 games. I also find it kinda weird that it says it includes the Classic Pack. From what I'm seeing the Classic Pack is a free add-on.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying that PSN/Sony dropped the ball and needs to update the description vs what your title initially said (which implied malice on Atlus's part).

In other words, Sony done goofed yet again and should be let have it as the internet is wont to do.

Exactly. It LITERALLY said "Rock of Ages 2: COMPLETE Bundle" and "Download to PS4"

@indeedcodybrown said:

ThePhantomPear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You might want to inform a Playstation Store manager or a Sony rep before complaining on this rather obscure forum. The Store is somewhat notorious for the lack of information. When you live in a non-USA or non-UK country, game descriptions are litterally babelfish translations of the english description, nouns and verbs are all kinds of fucked up and in the wrong spots, just plain jibberish at times.

You could have known that Rock of Ages was a PS3-release only. You're on the largest videogame wiki right now. Atlus is technically correct that they gave you both games as advertised on the store page. However it would not have hurt to state that the original was PS3-only. Good luck with the refund but I doubt they'll ever update the store page, the lazy bums.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird that they would even allow a ps3 sale through the ps4 store. Didn't even know that was possible.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the heads up. Hope that this doesn't count as you "only one ever" refund on psn. The hottest garbage of policies.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah dude that's fucked. What a bummer.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LeStephan

Pretty sure you can get a refund.

Also the psn descriptions are done by the devs or publisher, not sony. Sony doesn't even bother to properly relay how the process works to indiedevs resulting in a bunch of games not releasing in a bunch of European countries every week without the devs even being aware of it. Wouldn't be surprised if something like changing the description would be made way harder than it should by bureaucratic bullshit either.

On another note I wish that bundle would exist here, I still have my ps3 hooked up and I've been waiting for the first game to go on sale since its been out xD

Burton_Radons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Burton_Radons

The next time you find a data entry error in a database, you should point it out to them instead of going on another website and saying they intentionally scammed you out of an entire $5 on a niche indie game. Somebody did do that and the page now correctly lists the platforms the package deal is for, as well as stating "This account may download item to up to 2 PS3™ systems activated with this Sony Entertainment Network account." The person who did that saved other people from making a mistake that would cost them money that they might not have noticed. Thank you to whoever did that (it could also be a regional data entry error, so if the page still says to you that it's only on PS4, please tell them).

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always good to have a heads up and this place is as good as any. Obscure...really? Most people do not have the time or desire to wade through customer support, in the hope that someone will fix a problem. Plus psn support is janky on a good day

dasakamov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dasakamov

I think a lot of the "the fault is with Sony" folks are overlooking the fact that it's plain bizarre to even offer a pack featuring an upcoming game for a modern system and a "free" game for an obsolete system. It's kind of like saying "Hey, buy the new 2018 Honda Civic Pack and get a FREE 1988 Honda Civic cassette deck*!"

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know that PSN even bundles stuff that can only be played in different platforms. Even cross-buy stuff is a nightmare is figure out.

pkmnfrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pkmnfrk

The next time you find a data entry error in a database, you should point it out to them instead of going on another website and saying they intentionally scammed you out of an entire $5 on a niche indie game. Somebody did do that and the page now correctly lists the platforms the package deal is for, as well as stating "This account may download item to up to 2 PS3™ systems activated with this Sony Entertainment Network account." The person who did that saved other people from making a mistake that would cost them money that they might not have noticed. Thank you to whoever did that (it could also be a regional data entry error, so if the page still says to you that it's only on PS4, please tell them).

Exactly, we should call our regional Sony representative and let our voices be hear- oh, wait, that's not how corporations work, they usually only bow to pressure from stuff being made publicly known.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BRich

@danishingact: my account was hacked/compromised, which counted as my "only one ever" refund. The hacker bought uncharted 4 on my account which I already had played on disc (wtf was even the goal here?). It happened a second time this week and they bought a year old Pro Evolution soccer game, the customer service representative could not even issue a refund and seemed to be accusing me of making this random purchase from god knows what country, even though I called immediately to notify them my password was changed and unauthorized purchases were being made. What a dickhead assbackwards policy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.