Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocket League

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 07, 2015

The sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, Rocket League is the second vehicular sports-action game developed by Psyonix.

Control scheme

valiantgoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I want to know what the more advanced/experienced players are doing with their control schemes, or if most just stay with the default.

I've been trying to figure out a good scheme for when I get into more aerial play so I can get the muscle memory down and minimize the pain of changing controls later.

Any advice?

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravelle

I'm using the default but and can't figure out a better one yet, I'm still super terrible at aerials.

I can launch myself in to the air in the general direction of the ball and hit it with a little bit of momentum but a second later I just spin out of control and crash down, I really want to know how people stay in the air stable enough and aim the ball and smash it in to a direction.

Gibbs0o0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Most great players use default controls because we had to in the past game. If I could change something I would move handbrake to L1 but that's about it.

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Nime

Well if you look at the top top players, they're mostly playing default because they all came from SSARPBC which didn't let you rebind controls, so clearly you don't need altered controls to be the best.

Obviously that still doesn't mean they're optimal though. The main conflicts I see are boost and barrel roll/ hand brake often needing to be used simultaneously and that being a wonky config with them being opposite face buttons, and ball cam being inconvenient mainly if set to a hold not a toggle. I've considered putting either boost or roll on the underutilized bumpers (L1/R1 I guess on PS4) but haven't bothered with it yet.

In general moving as many buttons away from face buttons to triggers is probably better ergonomically.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.