Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocket League

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 07, 2015

The sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, Rocket League is the second vehicular sports-action game developed by Psyonix.

Studdering a lot for me on PS4. Is it me or RL's servers?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BonOrbitz

I'm having an issue where the game consistently studders whenever I'm playing an online match. It happens in almost every match I play. Most of the time my vehicle gets nudged slightly or jerkily lets off the gas and picks up speed though I'm not releasing the acceleration trigger. Occasionally I get the flashing triangle showing a connection problem and my vehicle really jerks around like what @danryckert was experiencing during his throw down with Giant Beast.

I understand there are a lot of variables when it comes to this sort of thing and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing such studdering consistently. I'm located in the Milwaukee area and it happens regardless of if I'm on the east or west coast US servers. My internet speed is pretty good and I've had no problems with playing other games online, accessing the internet, streaming movies/video content/Netflix/etc.

Is it safe to assume it's Rocket League's servers considering their spotty history?

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Yeah I get exactly those things a lot, but I think that's just how lag manifests in this game.

The only thing I get that I would attribute to hardware is that at the start of most matches everything spends a few seconds janking the fuck out. But it's mostly ok before the start timer begins ticking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.