Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocksmith 2014

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 22, 2013

The second edition of Rocksmith from Ubisoft features a new soundtrack, enhancements to the user interface, and a slew of new games and lessons aimed at helping learn how to play the guitar.

Is Vinny going to show us how this works?

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Loved the Quick Look of the first one, I was sort of hoping he would wield the axe once more. You think he'll make it?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I really really hope so. I didn't know the first one had a QL, so I am going to watch that immediately after I'm finished with the bombcast

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who briefly attempted to learn guitar for a month purely with the intentions of getting the ladies. Guitar is hard and its really easy to give up on.

So i dunno if vinny is still doing that.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually playing it right now. I'm between songs.

Here's some quick notes:

Rocksmith 1 shipped broken and a lot of people gave up on it because of that. A lot of the criticisms against it Ginny pointed out in the quick look. But, ubisoft did a great job off icing it via updates to the point where it was a whole different game by the time the bass expansion came out.

That being said, rocksmith 2914 is leaps and bounds better than the previous game. I'm playing this game on Mac where I played the original on ps3. The visuals are gorgeous on the Mac high res monitor. The menus have been completely overhauled and are condensed into one main screen from whence you can go anywhere. The big change is that the game is FAST now. Everything loads much quicker and has been condensed. You can also make a setlist of songs and just play one after another instead of having to back out each time. The "story mode" is eliminated, which is a positive and a negative.

the gams session ode is like a whole other game I itself you basically play whatever you want and the game backs you up. I was skeptical about how ell this would work, bit it really works phenomenally well.

The only downside I see so far is the track list. I just feel like they try to span too far a variety of rock kusic and a lot of it I don't care for. Guitar hero 1 and 2 had a real vision when it came to track lists and I felt like even if I didn't know the songs, they had brilliant picks that would grow on me. Rocksmith track list feels like it's trying to please everyone,

Also, as a bass player, I'm finding myself a little botred witha. Number of tracks that feature extremely simple patterns. But, guitar players won't have the issue.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who briefly attempted to learn guitar for a month purely with the intentions of getting the ladies. Guitar is hard and its really easy to give up on.

I think vinny knew how to play guitar before those things came out

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By tourgen

Has anyone tried the new PS3 version? Is it fast, short load times? I can probably get the PC version if it's a big difference but I don't want to mess with the uplay nonsense.

Kind of weird, all the reviews I've read so far haven't been all that helpful. No mention of what type of DRM or how quick it is compared to the original Rocksmith.

I played the original a fair amount but it was more painful than fun after a few weeks.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jayjonesjunior

Vinny guitar virtuoso.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jazgalaxy: I really want to see what a Rocksmith 2914 would look like. If Ginny from Harry Potter is quick looking it, bonus.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JazGalaxy

@clonedzero said:

Nah. Like most people, he had one, but he didn't play it very often. He wanted to play Rocksmith because he wanted to get better at it. But, as he reported months after it came out, he didn't stick with it. (It was pretty broken when he quicklooked it.)

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru_joe93 said:

@clonedzero said:

Nah. Like most people, he had one, but he didn't play it very often. He wanted to play Rocksmith because he wanted to get better at it. But, as he reported months after it came out, he didn't stick with it. (It was pretty broken when he quicklooked it.)

Well, it made it on his personal top10 for the GOTY awards, so who knows, he might try this one.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sounded like he was interested when it was announced, but who knows if that will translate into actually doing it.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
    deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourgen: You have to run 2014 through steam which personally I prefer, I read somewhere that you only have to log into uplay once initially then can turn it off but I haven't figured out how to yet.

In terms of loading times & latency when playing there are none, though I'm running it from a ssd.

nauticalnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While a QL would be fine what I really want is a Friday show where they rotate people through on multiplayer guitar & bass. Invite others in, Jeff Green on Bass w/Vinny on guitar equals viewer fun.

Special_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He mentioned he was interested in doing something with it in one of the Premium vids, so I think we'll be seeing something. I picked up the PC version on Steam and I'm really digging it. They totally streamlined the menu system and everything feels much snappier as far as quickly getting into a song. I've been spoiled by Rock Band for a long time, so the song library feels a little weak. I'm hoping the original goes on sale at some point so I can pick it up cheap and then export the songs.

stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By stokes

@jazgalaxy said:
    The menus have been completely overhauled and are condensed into one main screen from whence you can go anywhere. The big change is that the game is FAST now. Everything loads much quicker and has been condensed. You can also make a setlist of songs and just play one after another instead of having to back out each time

Thank god. The first one was so slow to get between songs.

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YEAH!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.