Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocksmith 2014

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 22, 2013

The second edition of Rocksmith from Ubisoft features a new soundtrack, enhancements to the user interface, and a slew of new games and lessons aimed at helping learn how to play the guitar.

Plugging in Pedals?

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey there guys. Not sure if anyone has tried but can you plug in pedals between the guitar and the adaptor? This would mean you would have to keep a clean tone through the whole song and use the pedals as your effects/overdrive. From what I remember the older version of the game automatically changed the tone/overdrive/effect through out the song. I never looked into it too see if you can turn off that option(I didn't own the game). Being a seasoned guitarist with a collection of equipment I'd love to know if such a thing is possible. Thanks!

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I'm under the impression that you can hook your own pedals up and disable the auto tone switching stuff in-game. So you should be good.

Cydrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It is possible to hook up your own pedals but it would likely interfere with the note recognition that RS2014 uses. If you were going to hook up pedals, it would probably be best suited for session mode.

deadeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

pretty sure it says right at the start to plug the guitar in to the game directly without using a pedal or pre-amp

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.