Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocksmith

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

Rocksmith is a guitar-based music game designed around playing a real electric guitar.

PC version audio lag

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Ultimadark

So I'm really interested in Rocksmith, but the one thing that might keep me from buying it is the possibility that there will be too much audio lag for it to be enjoyable. Has anyone who already has the realtone cable tried the demo on steam, and if so, how bad would you say that the audio lag is? How is it compared to the audio lag on the consoles?

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Hamst3r

I got Rocksmith today and have been messing around with it.

The default latency setting is "4", which was very responsive. I'm fairly certain it means 4ms of latency, which is plenty fast. I lowered it to 1ms though and it's working fine like that too.

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Ultimadark

I bought it today, I've been messing around in the demo (since there was no CD-key in my box) and I found it to be pretty responsive too. I'm certain that the value "4" doesnt mean "4 ms", but rather has something to do with how often the game "empties" the audio cache or something like that. I've lowered it to 1 too, without any audio crackling or any other problem. I could notice a bit of lag at 4, but at 1 it's not noticeable, which is great!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.