Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocksmith

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

Rocksmith is a guitar-based music game designed around playing a real electric guitar.

Practice Tool Gamfication is Terrible

elephantshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By elephantshark

There biggest problem I have with this software is the gamificaiton of the practice tools. I LOVE Riff Acclerator, Riff Leveler and Riff Repeater. I also HATE them. The hate stems from the fact that they bolted on a really dumb "5 lives" gamification mechanic to the training tools. You screw up the Riff 5 times in a training tool... you get blown out to the main menu and must spend 30-45 seconds traversing menus/selecting songs/ picking riffs to get back into the training tool.

To what end? Why can't I just run a riff over and over and over again til I nail it? I would really love a "no score" option for those of us who reall don't care about the game side of things and just want to work on muscle memory.

Bandit_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Bandit_Fox

Yeah, that's dumb.

However, there is a way around it. At any point, you can hit pause and restart the challenge to avoid reloading. I just get to one life and then restart from pause before it ends.

elephantshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By elephantshark

Great Idea! I have been pausing / restarting the Riff tools when I only have one life left. Most of the time this works (maybe 3 out of 4).

Fingers crossed they patch this.

Braumeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Braumeister

I'd be shocked if they don't patch it. I agree it can be a real pain.

riffingt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By riffingt0n

Actually as much as I enjoy the game, I 100% agree with this gripe. But on the whole it's pretty awesome.

Braumeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Braumeister

Ubisoft SF actually hosted an IAMA on reddit today, indicating that RIff Repeater is getting a thorough overhaul. They're listening.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.