Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocksteady Studios Ltd

Company »

Rocksteady Studios Ltd. is a London based game development company that has worked on three games. Urban Chaos: Riot Response released in 2006, Batman: Arkham Asylum released in 2009 and Batman: Arkham City in 2011.

It's happening once again, Rocksteady is rumored to be making a Justice League game

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#1 FinalDasa  Moderator

Take all rumors with a grain of salt, but this one has persisted. For years people have wondered what Rocksteady, makers of those wonderful Batman Arkham games, have been up to. Even the release of Batman VR wasn't enough to calm the rumor mill. Switching between a Superman game and a Justice League game, it seems the prevailing winds still blow in DC's direction.

It certainly has been long enough that whatever Rocksteady has been working on should be, hopefully, ready to see the light of day soon. Currently we seem pointed towards a possible Starro villain and the potential of "seasons" with this Justice League game. However the state of DC and Warner Bros. isn't exactly stable, and perhaps the changing tides has effected this potential title.

Either way I'll keep my fingers crossed. I still think fondly back on Arkham Asylum and wonder what Rocksteady could do with a whole roster of heroes to work with.

Source

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I'd play that.

I feel like Rocksteady got better over the trilogy. Asylum was an awesome, focused 3D Metroidvania. City had ambition but there were growing pains. And Knight was incredibly impressive and fun (I liked the Batmobile and skipped most of the side stuff, so the pacing was great to me).

So honestly, whatever they do next, I'll be there without question.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
    GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was hearing for a while that they were on a Suicide Squad game, but it was canceled due to how bad the movie was/did, explaining the long gap.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'll get excited when there's a Bebop Suicide Squad game.

I regret absolutely nothing about that dumb joke.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 FinalDasa  Moderator

@genericbrotagonist: Arkham Knight was in 2015, three years isn't intensely long. I wonder if the delay is just typical development cycle or WB's shifting sands of focus.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yea, IDK about a Justice League game...Doing a whole team seems like a bad idea imo.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Like a lot of things: that would be great.

We'll see what happens!

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#9  Edited By MightyDuck

At this point I just want a Rocksteady game. Loved all the Arkham games and I've ways been drawn more to DC as opposed to something like Marvel.

I remember the Ninja Turtles rumor that was going around for a while too. I would have loved for that to be true!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I wouldn’t mind seeing those guys take on an original IP that focuses on their studios core strengths but that will probably not happen. As for Justice League I feel like that team has too many characters that would be incredibly hard to design with balanced playability in mind.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
    not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I trust that whatever Rocksteady does next it will be awesome. I had heard Superman game which if anyone could do the impossible and make a good one it would be Rocksteady.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 49th  Online

It sounds very ambitious and difficult to pull off but I trust Rocksteady more than most to do it. Hopefully the Flash is playable because I think it would be really fun to run around a city at super speed.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

I enjoyed playing Arkham well enough, but the story never really gelled with me, especially how the wrote Batman. I do want to see what Rocksteady does next, but to accommodate more heroes they would surely have to make the game even bigger. I don't want to think about how many Riddler Trophies (or Mxyzptlk tokens, or whatever) that would entail.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@john1912: Not a comic guy, but just thinking about Superman and Flash gameplay in one game boggles the mind.

It seems like a lot to pull off, capturing all the different feels and abilities in a cohesive way.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing those guys take on an original IP that focuses on their studios core strengths but that will probably not happen. As for Justice League I feel like that team has too many characters that would be incredibly hard to design with balanced playability in mind.

Would love to see what they have as with Guerrila finally getting away from killzone with Horizon.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been burnt out on superheroes for about 5 years now. I'll be steering well clear of this game.

I do hope they succeed in making an awesome game, however.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those DC movies destroyed me on any interest for the "just" ice League. Just the generic look of Steppenwolf alone.

AdamALC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will believe it when I see it. Besides, after Arkham Knight I am not sure I want them to.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take all rumors with a grain of salt, but this one has persisted. For years people have wondered what Rocksteady, makers of those wonderful Batman Arkham games, have been up to. Even the release of Batman VR wasn't enough to calm the rumor mill. Switching between a Superman game and a Justice League game, it seems the prevailing winds still blow in DC's direction.

It certainly has been long enough that whatever Rocksteady has been working on should be, hopefully, ready to see the light of day soon. Currently we seem pointed towards a possible Starro villain and the potential of "seasons" with this Justice League game. However the state of DC and Warner Bros. isn't exactly stable, and perhaps the changing tides has effected this potential title.

Either way I'll keep my fingers crossed. I still think fondly back on Arkham Asylum and wonder what Rocksteady could do with a whole roster of heroes to work with.

Source

That only applies to movies. Comics and video games are still great. With Rocksteadys track record, if this game is true, will do just fine

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman sucks.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I harp on this, but dammit Rocksteady, secure the Buffy license because a game in that universe with Batman combat would be the best thing.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@notimeforgaming: Rumors say game is/was real (as in might be from a cancelled project?), but isn't a Rocksteady joint.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.