Rogue Company is a free-to-play multiplayer-focused modern-military third-person shooter developed by First Watch Games and released digitally by Hi-Rez Studios for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC on October 1, 2020.
A tactical-focused "hero shooter" similar to Valorant, with third-person gunplay similar to Fortnite, Rogue Company puts players in tightknit objective-based team matches as elite mercenaries (known as "Rogues") from the titular Rogue Company.
Similar to Hi-Rez's other mainline games at the time (Smite: Battleground of the Gods, Paladins: Champions of the Realm, and Realm Royale), the game features complete cross-platform multiplayer and cross-progression support. The game received a closed beta phase, with keys distributed in giveaways, on July 20, 2020.
Players split off into two teams of Rogues each and choose from one of their unlocked characters that have not been taken by another teammate. The teams start off in dropships on opposite sides of a map, and must either eliminate the enemy team or complete the objective (depending on the mode) to win a round, and must win enough rounds to win the game.
Characters who have their HP depleted will usually be put in a downed state where they can be revived and brought back into the fight if another teammate is able to do so before the enemy finishes them or they bleed out.
During the course of each match, players can use money earned to purchase their primary weapon, their consumable gadget, weapon upgrades, and special perks.
The initial release of the game included 14 playable characters, or "Rogues". Additional Rogues have been added post-release, with the total amount (as of Sigrid) of 16. Similar to most "hero shooters", multiple players on the same time cannot pick the same Rogue.
Similar to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, each Rogue has their own unique arsenal and special traits that allow them to fulfill specific roles for their team (although there are no hard role restrictions). Between rounds, players can purchase upgrades and special perks using money earned throughout the match.
Only six Rogues are available from the start, with the remainder purchasable through either Reputation or premium Rogue Bucks.
Rogues who focus on securing objectives and chokepoints, slowing the enemy's advance.
- Anvil - Shotgun/LMG. Immune to Disorient and Blind effects. Can use his Barricade ability to deploy a large barricade that blocks damage and movement. Unlocked from the start.
- Cannon - AR/Shotgun. Landing shots have a chance to refund ammunition back into the magazine. Can use his Gatling Gun ability to temporarily equip a devastating gatling gun that fires faster the longer it is fired. The Gatling Gun can be mounted for increased accuracy and firing rate, and landing shots extends the weapon's duration. Added on October 5, 2021.
- Mack - LMG/SMG. Starts with a small amount of armor, and repairs this amount by downing enemies. Can use his Lightbomb ability to plant a device that charges up and launches a massive flashbang into the air. Added on May 11, 2020.
- Trench - AR/DMR. Carries an additional gadget. Can use his Barbed Wire Grenade ability to deploy a field of barbed wire, slowing enemies on it. Unlocked from the start.
- Vy - AR/Shotgun. Buffs her maximum health by dealing firearm damage. Can use her Vile Poison ability to create a pool of poison, reducing the maximum health of enemies on it (which, in turn, buffs her maximum health).
Rogues who punch through enemy defenses and gadgets.
- Dima - AR/DMR. Reveals enemies he downs to his team for a short duration. Can use his MIRV Launcher ability to equip a devastating cluster grenade launcher. Unlocked from the start.
- Gl1tch - Shotgun/SMG. Detects nearby enemy equipment through walls. Can use his Hack ability to disable enemy Abilities for a short time.
- Sigrid - SMG/Shotgun. Moves faster while crouched and immune to Slow effects. Can use her Ballistic Shield ability to deploy a wrist-mounted ballistic shield to block damage from the front. Added on December 16, 2020.
- Switchblade - AR/SMG. Temporarily moves faster after using either her ability or gadgets. Can use her Chaos Launcher ability to equip a grenade launcher that releases a cluster of napalm. Added on July 6, 2021.
Rogues who can spot enemy gadgets or positions in an instant.
- Dallas - AR/DMR. Recharges his Ability by downing enemies. Can use his Target Finder ability to reveal the closest enemy to him to his team for a short duration. Unlocked from the start.
- Glimpse - AR/SMG. Periodically detects enemies around her. Can use her Camouflage ability to make herself harder to see (although moving fast and taking damage reduces this effect). Added on January 11, 2022.
- Seeker - AR/DMR. Can ricochet his projectiles (including his active ability) off most surfaces, which deals double damage when bounced. Can use his Scanner Arrow ability to launch an arrow from his compound bow, which reveals enemies along its flight path deals significant damage. Added on March 9, 2021.
- Talon - SMG/DMR. Can use his Radar Dart ability to throw a dart that attaches to any surface, revealing enemies nearby. Can retrieve this dart from longer ranges.
Rogues who focus on eliminating enemies.
- Chaac - Shotgun/SMG. Increased downed health and can dodge roll while downed. Can use his Rage ability to either overheal or self-revive.
- Kestrel - AR/SMG. Gains an extra $1000 for every enemy downed. Can use her Halo Drones ability to deploy a cluster of flying drones that shoot a barrage of rockets in her direction. Added on February 3, 2021.
- Lancer - SMG/Shotgun. Automatically reloads her weapon while dodge rolling. Can use her Quick and Quiet ability to gain increased movement speed and quieter footsteps.
- Ronin - AR/SMG. Always hidden from enemy mini-maps. Can use her Ballistic Knife ability to throw a knife that acts like a sticky proximity mine, detonating when an enemy comes nearby. Unlocked from the start.
- Scorch - SMG/Shotgun. Immune to Fire effects. Can use her Overheat ability to set enemies on fire, through her weapon and melee damage, for a limited time.
- Umbra - DMR/SMG. Buffs his maximum health by earning a down or assist. Can use his a-RC-nid ability to deploy a spider drone that can seek out enemies and detonate near them. Added on December 14, 2021.
Rogues who excel at dealing long-range damage.
- Phantom - SR/DMR. Enemies damaged by her have delayed health regeneration for a short time. Can use her Nano Smoke ability to throw a smoke grenade that shrouds allies while revealing enemies to her team.
- The Fixer - SR/DMR. Enemies damage by him move slower for a short time. Can use his Thermal Vision ability to activate his goggles, allowing him to see enemy heat signatures for a short time. Added on November 4, 2020.
Rogues who provide buffs and healing to their allies.
- Dahlia - SMG/DMR. Can use her Danger Close ability to "link" with one ally for the duration of the round, allowing her to inherit that ally's Passive (with certain exceptions) and perform remote revives (provided they are nearby).
- Runway - AR/SR. Carries both of her primary weapons. Can use her Supply on Demand ability to deploy her briefcase, resupplying her team's gadgets while granting them infinite ammunition. Added on September 7, 2021.
- Saint - AR/DMR. Reviving downed allies grants heals both players. Can use is Revive Drone ability to send a medical drone capable of reviving a downed ally. Unlocked from the start.
All game modes are round-based and, unless otherwise specified, have no respawning.
- Demolition (4v4) - Asymmetrical mode where teams alternate between Attackers and Defenders. Attackers must deploy a Bomb to one of two sites on the map and defend it before it detonates or eliminate all Defenders. Defenders must either prevent the Bomb from being planted before the timer expires, eliminate all Attackers before the Bomb is planted, or defuse the Bomb when its planted. First to win 7 rounds wins the match.
- Strikeout (4v4) - Each team has a limited amount of Tickets, and must deplete enemy Tickets by either eliminating enemies or maintaining control of a marked area (the "Objective") somewhere around the map. Respawns are enabled, but when a team loses all of their Tickets, that team can no longer respawn and must control the Objective to not lose automatically. The first team to deplete all enemy Tickets, then eliminating all remaining enemies, wins the round. If the timer expires, the team with the most Tickets wins the round. First to win 3 rounds wins the match.
- Team Deathmatch (6v6) - Teams earn points by eliminating opponents. Respawns are enabled.
- King of the Hill (6v6) - Teams earn points by maintaining control of (i.e. standing uncontested on) an area that moves to a different location at certain times in the match. Respawns are enabled.
Limited Time Modes
- Extraction (4v4) - Teams must activate a device at the center of the map, then either defend it (for the team that activated it) or defuse it (for the opposing team) before it detonates to win the round. Teams can also win the round by eliminating all enemies prior to activating the device. First to win 7 rounds wins the match.
- Wingman (2v2) - Teams win rounds by being the last team standing or by activating a device (similar to Extraction) that unlocks after a minute elapses. First to win 5 rounds wins the match.
- Breach (added on May 11, 2021)
- Glacier (added on December 16, 2020)
- High Castle
- Hollows (added on March 9, 2021)
- Palace (added on August 10, 2021)
- Wanted (added on November 9, 2021)