Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Romance

Concept »

Romance in video games can either be interactive, in which the player attempts to woo another character, or an unchangeable part of the story of a given game.

The point of this concept page

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By mrcellophane

I recommend that we make this concept regarding cases where the romance is an active and central part of the game, which requires player interaction in a certain way. Otherwise it overlaps with potential love interest, which already covers people like Elena Fisher, Sarah Flores and the Dragon Age crew. This concept should be reserved for games about romance or at least where romance is one of the main aspects of the gameplay. 

Or how would you go about it?

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I think there is nothing wrong with this page or the list of games it includes.

There is nothing wrong with concept overlaps.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
    @Origina1Penguin said:
    "I think there is nothing wrong with this page or the list of games it includes.  There is nothing wrong with concept overlaps. "
    This.
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By atejas

Define 'central concept', though. I mean you've got stuff like Type-Moon games that sort of blur that line.

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By mrcellophane
    @Origina1Penguin said:
    " I think there is nothing wrong with this page or the list of games it includes.  There is nothing wrong with concept overlaps. "
    Point taken. I've gotten an explanation in another thread. Just ignore this thread. I've spent too much time on Wikipedia.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.