Rupupu Cube: Lup Salad (often erroneously referred to as "Loopop Cube: Lup Salad" or "Loopop Cube: Loop Salad") is a puzzle-game where the goal is to, as the main character Salad, clear each level of all its coloured blocks. A block disappears when matched with two or more of the same colour. The game was originally released for the PlayStation in 1996, but has since been ported to the Nintendo DS (in 2008) as Rupupu Cube: Lup Salad DS, and the PlayStation Portable (in 2010) as Rupupu Cube: Lup Salad Portable Matatabi.
Blocks that the player needs to remove in order to beat a level:
- Regular blocks. These come in a variety of colours: red, orange, blue, yellow, green and gray.
- Rainbow blocks. These can be matched with two or more regular blocks of any colour.
- Empty blocks. These disappear when one or more blocks they are connected to disappear.
- Giant blocks. These work like regular blocks, except they're four times as big.
- Bomb blocks. Connecting one of these to a regular block of any colour makes all blocks of that colour disappear.
- Balloon blocks. These work like regular blocks, except they float.
- Sealed blocks. These cannot be moved.
- Taped blocks. These work like regular blocks, but appear in groups, and are connected in such a way that when one is moved, all the other blocks in the group are, too. When one or more blocks in a group disappear, all the remaining blocks disconnect and become regular blocks.
Blocks that the player does not need to remove in order to beat a level:
- Steel blocks. These are indestructible.
- Steel balloon blocks. These are indestructible and float.
- Bubble blocks. These float, and can only be destroyed when Salad walks or jumps into them from the side. Appear only in the PSP version.
Rupupu Cube: Lup Salad DS
This DS version added:
- Updated graphics.
- Hiking Mode, a mode in which the player can combine words to generate thousands different puzzles.
Rupupu Cube: Lup Salad Portable Matatabi
This PSP version added:
- Animated cutscenes.
- Matatabi Mode (lit. Catnip Mode), a mode in which the player takes control of a cat. The objective is to clear each level of all its bubble blocks.