Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Ryan Davis "Quote"

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Edited By Claude

I found this in my settings thingy, read about me stuff. Read this one instead...

Start transmission

Ryan on July 8, 2010 @onarum said:

" @DOUBLESHOCK said:

" @onarum said:

" I don't know about this, I feel like since now they are sharing the same space with a bunch of other people, we won't see as much as the crazy videos they used to put out, like they won't have the same amount of freedom. "

pff since when have they ever asked permission to do anything.  "
    well, it's not about having permission or anything, it's more like not getting in the way of other people jobs you know, like they wouldn't be filming and joking around as much so they wouldn't be a nuisance to people that are trying to edit or write something.  like this weeks podcast, at the end there was a guy asking them if they would be wrapping up already because or some event or something that would be going on there. before they had their own space, so that was not a problem, but now is totally different. "
    That was Sean Coonce, developer extraordinaire, asking if we wanted to come and drink a bunch of booze with the rest of the Whiskey team. So, no, I don't really see this being much of a problem. 

Yeah, the nature of our space has changed, but GIANT BOMB IS STILL THE SAME. If I knew how to edit myself around other people, I wouldn't be here in the first goddamn place.  

End transmission

"Quote" 

"Yeah, the nature of our space has changed, but GIANT BOMB IS STILL THE SAME. If I knew how to edit myself around other people, I wouldn't be here in the first goddamn place."   

Great quote. 

The internet ain't hard, its just honest. That's why I'm here at Giant Bomb.

How free do you feel Giant Bomb? I feel pretty damn free. Goddamn, motherfucking, sonofabitchin' bastards free.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Claude

I found this in my settings thingy, read about me stuff. Read this one instead...

Start transmission

Ryan on July 8, 2010 @onarum said:

" @DOUBLESHOCK said:

" @onarum said:

" I don't know about this, I feel like since now they are sharing the same space with a bunch of other people, we won't see as much as the crazy videos they used to put out, like they won't have the same amount of freedom. "

pff since when have they ever asked permission to do anything.  "
    well, it's not about having permission or anything, it's more like not getting in the way of other people jobs you know, like they wouldn't be filming and joking around as much so they wouldn't be a nuisance to people that are trying to edit or write something.  like this weeks podcast, at the end there was a guy asking them if they would be wrapping up already because or some event or something that would be going on there. before they had their own space, so that was not a problem, but now is totally different. "
    That was Sean Coonce, developer extraordinaire, asking if we wanted to come and drink a bunch of booze with the rest of the Whiskey team. So, no, I don't really see this being much of a problem. 

Yeah, the nature of our space has changed, but GIANT BOMB IS STILL THE SAME. If I knew how to edit myself around other people, I wouldn't be here in the first goddamn place.  

End transmission

"Quote" 

"Yeah, the nature of our space has changed, but GIANT BOMB IS STILL THE SAME. If I knew how to edit myself around other people, I wouldn't be here in the first goddamn place."   

Great quote. 

The internet ain't hard, its just honest. That's why I'm here at Giant Bomb.

How free do you feel Giant Bomb? I feel pretty damn free. Goddamn, motherfucking, sonofabitchin' bastards free.
    turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By turboman

I feel like America Free here.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I feel Bombastically Giant!

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FunExplosions

Wait, sorry if I'm an idiot, but which part of that is Ryan's quote, and which part is Sean Coonce's quote? I think I figured it out, but I wanna be 100%.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By RobotHamster

I feel all tingley inside.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Claude
    @FunExplosions said:
    " Wait, sorry if I'm an idiot, but which part of that is Ryan's quote, and which part is Sean Coonce's quote? I think I figured it out, but I wanna be 100%. "
    That's Ryan's post. He was talking about Sean.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous
    @FunExplosions said:

" Wait, sorry if I'm an idiot, but which part of that is Ryan's quote, and which part is Sean Coonce's quote? I think I figured it out, but I wanna be 100%. "

@Ryan said:

" That was Sean Coonce, developer extraordinaire, asking if we wanted to come and drink a bunch of booze with the rest of the Whiskey team. So, no, I don't really see this being much of a problem. 

Yeah, the nature of our space has changed, but GIANT BOMB IS STILL THE SAME. If I knew how to edit myself around other people, I wouldn't be here in the first goddamn place. "

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Damien

GB ALL DAY!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64

<>

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By bed

makes me feel all hawt 

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mylifeforAiur

That's million bucks.......worth of excitement!!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Milkman

That guy "onarum" looks pretty stupid for assuming that he knows everything that's going on in the office.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Claude
    @Milkman said:
    " That guy "onarum" looks pretty stupid for assuming that he knows everything that's going on in the office. "
    Just expectations, and typing out of thought. I'm sure he's had a change of heart.
    Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Like. peeing outside kind of free.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By FirePrince

I will forever be part of the Giant Bomb Clans.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By sweep  Moderator

That sounds like the sort of thing sean coonce would do.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By c1337us

It makes me feel like Denis Leary in that song Asshole.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Disgaeamad

Dammit Claude why are you so awesome?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.