Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

why was i denied?

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NickL

this excerpt below about mr davis consuming a can of coke is almost word for word the same as the one i submitted, but i was denied, why should i even bother attempting to submit?

just a little annoyed by this....

Davis May Cry

• After consuming a can of Coca-Cola in all its entirety in a small amount of time
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fallen189

The whole concept of subs on the staff have always been touchy. For one, it's irrelevant really. As long as it's on there, it shouldn't be a big deal, it's a site written by all of us.

And secondly, if the moderator who denied it didn't think it was appropriate, that's the final decision. If you wanted to contest it, I'd suggest you PM a mod directly asking why.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NickL
    @Fallen189 said:
    " The whole concept of subs on the staff have always been touchy. For one, it's irrelevant really. As long as it's on there, it shouldn't be a big deal, it's a site written by all of us.  And secondly, if the moderator who denied it didn't think it was appropriate, that's the final decision. If you wanted to contest it, I'd suggest you PM a mod directly asking why. "
    actually its been happening to a lot of my subs... i write something, get denied, see something almost exactly the same on there a month later

the fact that it keeps happening is what annoys me...
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fallen189
    @NickL said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " The whole concept of subs on the staff have always been touchy. For one, it's irrelevant really. As long as it's on there, it shouldn't be a big deal, it's a site written by all of us.  And secondly, if the moderator who denied it didn't think it was appropriate, that's the final decision. If you wanted to contest it, I'd suggest you PM a mod directly asking why. "
    actually its been happening to a lot of my subs... i write something, get denied, see something almost exactly the same on there a month later  the fact that it keeps happening is what annoys me... "
    I suggest you just message a wiki mod and ask why you've been denied. For most of the time, I can presume it will be because it's opinion, badly written, or someone already had the sub ahead of you and there's no need to write it twice.
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NickL
    @PeasForFees said:
    " @NickL said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    actually its been happening to a lot of my subs... i write something, get denied, see something almost exactly the same on there a month later  the fact that it keeps happening is what annoys me... "
    Don't write shit then "
    oh believe me i have decided to stop helping fill out games since i keep getting denied

and i have taken many college english classes, so i doubt it fits into the  badly written category
    Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
    @PeasForFees said:
    " @NickL said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    Don't write shit then "
    Dude, chill.

@NickL: Maybe the moderators have different leniency on what does and doesn't belong on the wiki page. It's been almost two months since you've been rejected, maybe a different mod approved this. Don't just stop submitting things for that reason. It's not like it's just a conspiracy or anything. If you get rejected just go find an empty page, do some research, and fill it out.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The pages for GB staff often get cluttered up with a tonne of nonsense that is pretty pointless. For example the Jeff Gerstmann page used to have a massive list of quotes from him, most of which weren't notable in any way. Several times a week, after a bombcast, quick look, endurance run episode or something else, a new quote would be added that was not particularly memorable, and definitely wasn't useful to the wiki. It was crazy, out of control and completely unnecessary. The moderator who denied this probably did so in an attempt to stop a similar situation arising on the Ryan page. However, since I did not moderate the submission, and I have not seen the exact submission, I cannot say for sure. I suggest you contact the moderator who denied it directly via PM to get a definitive answer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.