Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryu ga Gotoku Ishin!

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 22, 2014

The second spin-off of the mainline Yakuza series set in a Feudal Japanese setting, centered 19th century samurai Ryoma Sakamoto.

Ishin PS4 demo available on Japanese PSN store (link inside)

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CaLe

Make sure to click the お使いのPS4にダウンロード button on this page to make it download on the PS4. This was the only way I could actually get it to download as it wouldn't work at all through the store on the console itself.

No Caption Provided
    SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. The key here is "trial version": 体験版 , sometimes it's a part of the full game's page.

Watched some guy on Nicovideo play this (midnight release) and it's of course not technically jawdropping, has its questionables (that mipmapping?) but it's a beautiful game with oh so nice looking combat, actual nice combat judging by the VITA companion app.

8600 some yen. I'd prefer a physical version, and I might..

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CaLe

I couldn't even open the game's page through the main store and navigating to the game through the 体験版 menu option was the same, just no response when clicking it.

There's no way I'd pay full price for this, but I'm more than happy to try the demo. I've only played Yakuza 3 and found it to be really clunky so I got bored of it pretty fast. It didn't help that it seemingly expected me to know everything that happened in the previous games, which I didn't.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Darji

@cale said:

I couldn't even open the full page through the main store and navigating to the game through the 体験版 menu option was the same, just no response when clicking it.

There's no way I'd pay full price for this, but I'm more than happy to try the demo. I've only played Yakuza 3 and found it to be really clunky so I got bored of it pretty fast. It didn't help that it seemingly expected me to know everything that happened in the previous games, which I didn't.

If you do not understand Japanese you will not have a fun time with this game anyway^^

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: I have no problems understanding Japanese.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

@darji: I have no problems understanding Japanese.

Oh nvm then. But if you need backstory. Yakuza 3 and 4 has a mode which explains you the whole story to get into. For a new player 4 would be the best way to get into this series. For Ishin you don't need to know anything about the other games.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SomeJerk

The 60fps of the demo.. it's hard to stomach 30fps after this. Sure the Vita one works at its 30 but this is a completely different game. Oh god it feels so good.

So good that I'd have bought it if I felt I could jam it into my budget.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a great demo. It feels way better compared to the PS3 demo. Sega needs to localize this asap especially with all the PS4 buzz going on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.