Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row 2

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

The clone that surpassed the original returns with the even more over-the-top sequel to Volition's popular open-world mayhem generator, Saints Row.

Ultor Exposed DLC Review

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Vanek
    800 Points to call on that ... face ... yes, face.
    Saints Row 2 DLC: Ultor Exposed is the first of three DLC packs and features the delectable Tera Patrick as it's star addition.  It's pretty obvious that the bulk of people will buy it because of her, but really the DLC isn't good value for money.  I could easily sit and complain about the lack of content, but really it was my own fault for purchasing it, so instead all I can do is warn other people.

Now, the DLC contains a total of three missions, six new vehicles, new multiplayer maps and some clothing and hair styles.  It doesn't sound a lot and it really isn't.  The missions are nothing fantastic and basically ends up as one big Ultor clusterfuck.  Seriously, that's all it really is, the "story" is pretty bare due to the fact it's only three missions and it just doesn't work.   Each mission gives you a destination and then clutters the game with Ultor cruisers which causes some irritating framerate issues and hilarious glitches.  In the end it can all become a little too much and would have definitely benifitted from being spread out over more missions. 

After you've completed the three missions, which takes roughly an hour, you're really left with very little.  I'll admit I did have a bit of fun messing around with some of the vehicles, although the fact they're all insanely fast only pointed out the games horrible framerate issues even more, but there is some fun to be had with them.  I've yet to try the multiplayer maps so I can't really comment on that, and as for the clothing and hair styles I'm yet to notice any new clothes in any store I've been in.  I did try the the hair styles but really they will probably only interest you if you have a character that requires the look of someones balding dad or grandfather, which you might have I suppose.

Lastly there's the character and homie Tera who dispite being an ex-employee of a company like Ultor dresses like a hooker.  I know, it's a huge surprise, but even still I expected her to have a style and class about her.  I expected a clean, even sophisticated but still sexy look about her, but instead I got a tattooed hooker that plays like every other expendable Saint I take with me.

Sadly that's really all there is to say about the DLC.  I didn't mention the story because it's not worth mentioned to be honest, but I'm being totally serious when I say nothing in this DLC is worth the 800 Microsoft Points you'll spend buying it.  At best you could maybe justify it if you were insanely bored, rich and desperately in need of more achievement points, but if not you probably shouldn't bother.  Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed is as lackluster as most DLC packages and feels about as uninspired and dull as Bethesdas Fallout 3 DLC Operation Anchorage.
    Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Vanek
    Saints Row 2 DLC: Ultor Exposed is the first of three DLC packs and features the delectable Tera Patrick as it's star addition.  It's pretty obvious that the bulk of people will buy it because of her, but really the DLC isn't good value for money.  I could easily sit and complain about the lack of content, but really it was my own fault for purchasing it, so instead all I can do is warn other people.

Now, the DLC contains a total of three missions, six new vehicles, new multiplayer maps and some clothing and hair styles.  It doesn't sound a lot and it really isn't.  The missions are nothing fantastic and basically ends up as one big Ultor clusterfuck.  Seriously, that's all it really is, the "story" is pretty bare due to the fact it's only three missions and it just doesn't work.   Each mission gives you a destination and then clutters the game with Ultor cruisers which causes some irritating framerate issues and hilarious glitches.  In the end it can all become a little too much and would have definitely benifitted from being spread out over more missions. 

After you've completed the three missions, which takes roughly an hour, you're really left with very little.  I'll admit I did have a bit of fun messing around with some of the vehicles, although the fact they're all insanely fast only pointed out the games horrible framerate issues even more, but there is some fun to be had with them.  I've yet to try the multiplayer maps so I can't really comment on that, and as for the clothing and hair styles I'm yet to notice any new clothes in any store I've been in.  I did try the the hair styles but really they will probably only interest you if you have a character that requires the look of someones balding dad or grandfather, which you might have I suppose.

Lastly there's the character and homie Tera who dispite being an ex-employee of a company like Ultor dresses like a hooker.  I know, it's a huge surprise, but even still I expected her to have a style and class about her.  I expected a clean, even sophisticated but still sexy look about her, but instead I got a tattooed hooker that plays like every other expendable Saint I take with me.

Sadly that's really all there is to say about the DLC.  I didn't mention the story because it's not worth mentioned to be honest, but I'm being totally serious when I say nothing in this DLC is worth the 800 Microsoft Points you'll spend buying it.  At best you could maybe justify it if you were insanely bored, rich and desperately in need of more achievement points, but if not you probably shouldn't bother.  Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed is as lackluster as most DLC packages and feels about as uninspired and dull as Bethesdas Fallout 3 DLC Operation Anchorage.
    Raydanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Raydanger

Nice review, thanks for the warning. I was thinking about picking this up, now I'll probably skip it. New FAllout DLC review on the way?

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Death_Burnout

Ok gotta agree to disagree.

I do think it is worth the money, because, i've had a lot of fun with those new vehicles, the EDF Scout in particular is the best thing i've ever seen, you can fire so many rockets and all re-direct them at once! so much fun! and i dont usually cause mayhem!

The missions were pretty lame, as were the cut-scenes with their lack of expensive mo-cap. But most of the outfits were awesome, Volition totally screwed up on the SWAT though...they could of had it as just a suit and let us re-colour it.

But i've had so much fun with the EDF Armour and Motorcycle helmets...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I find Tera a pretty good homie tbh.

Totally worth my money at least.

Don't forget all the multiplayer stuff included, with the new co-op metagame...i dont use that stuff though.

Avatar image for phswrestling215
    PHSwrestling215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PHSwrestling215
    Death_Burnout said:
    "Ok gotta agree to disagree.

I do think it is worth the money, because, i've had a lot of fun with those new vehicles, the EDF Scout in particular is the best thing i've ever seen, you can fire so many rockets and all re-direct them at once! so much fun! and i dont usually cause mayhem!

The missions were pretty lame, as were the cut-scenes with their lack of expensive mo-cap. But most of the outfits were awesome, Volition totally screwed up on the SWAT though...they could of had it as just a suit and let us re-colour it.

But i've had so much fun with the EDF Armour and Motorcycle helmets...
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    I find Tera a pretty good homie tbh.Totally worth my money at least.Don't forget all the multiplayer stuff included, with the new co-op metagame...i dont use that stuff though."

where do you buy the new clothes?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.