Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

How the Saint's Save Christmas Disscusion

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1 jeanluc  Staff

The Saint's Save Christmas DLC is now out. Any of you play it yet? I had a ton of fun with it, but I think that's partly to do with the fact that I love Holiday themed video games/DLC (Costume Quest/ Undead Nightmare, etc...). Gameplay wise its really more of the same old saints row and nothing new so if you were expecting something new in that regards you'll be disappointed. For me though the Christmas Dubstep Gun and ending montage of the Boss learning the true meaning of Christmas made this DLC for me.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

How long is it? Isn't the thing with Saints Row DLC that it's always about half an hour long?

rivaldi22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By rivaldi22

I honestly enjoyed it way more than Enter the Dominatrix.

Sure, the concept isn't as immediately interesting, but I felt the jokes were way funnier in this one. Some genuine laugh-out-loud moments.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The name always makes me think of old Christmas specials, like "Kiss saves Christmas" and such (I believe that is what they were going for as well), which is awesome.

I haven't played it yet, though, no.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
    TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By TheBluthCompany

The constant stream of Christmas movie references made me chuckle. Especially the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer/Die Hard reference during the ending cutscene. One disappointment: "Jingle Bell Rock" instead of "Christmas in Hollis"? Come on Volition.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By MjHealy

I wasn't even aware that it's out now. I have the season pass so I'll be downloading it when I get hold of my Xbox. Not expecting much, just a receptacle to receive more dumb-ass Saints Row humour.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By konig_kei

Compared to enter the dominatrix this is WAY better. Just wish it was longer and that the lever action gun wasn't such a lazy copy of the sniper skin without the zoom.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By dazzhardy

My cheeks ache from the grin I had on my face the whole time I was playing it. Granted, I've also become Grinchy about the Holidays, so I was in the same shoes as the boss, **** Santa, but man, that was fun :D

For those asking, it took me about an hour to finish the 3 story missions, but I unlocked some more activities after finishing it, so there seems to be more to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

+The campaign is mildly amusing, the settings are fresh, the end cutscene is pretty great.
    +The Christmas music is awesome
    +Good references
    +Really enjoy the new items/costumes... I love driving around in Santas Slay wearing my Christmas Jumper

-Huge missed opportunity... no Christmas radio station with the music from the campaign?!?!? I need my Christmas music for my Christmas rampage
    -All the items are just reskins of existing items
    -The main campaign is only about an hour long

Overall: Pretty good DLC, if you look at just the campaign then £6 for 1 hour is a big ask and the are no defining moments so to speak. But if you look at it as a whole package (a few new items, a fun campaign and a few more chuckles with familiar faces) it's probably worth it for fans of the series... I'd say it's slightly above average.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'd love to play it, but I'm still unsure of whether I want to continue playing on 360. I just recently bought the game off amazon durinf black friday and finally put it in the other day. Holy shit is that framerate bad! I might try my luck on my laptop, since it runs things generally well. I regret not taking advantage of one of the many digital pc sales that happened for it a few weeks ago.

Anyways, good to know it's an ok dlc. Just reading the name got me really excited.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.