Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

I just want to play!

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With Gat Out of Hell having just come out, I decided it was time to get around to SRIV since I loved The Third so much. My PC is bunk, so PS3 it is. Very long story short: it's now a half hour since I put the disc in and the patches are only 49% installed. It's only ~2 gigs of patches. I live in Korea and have some of the fastest Internet in the world. What's the fucking problem?!? I just want to play the damned game already!! Fuck I miss when games just fucking worked. I have first world problems!!! Pity meeeee!!!!!

/rant

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Be patient.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well you could always like play with out patches then update it while you are asleep and shit and continue where you left off last night, silly thread

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well you could always like play with out patches then update it while you are asleep and shit and continue where you left off last night, silly thread

It doesn't even let you. You plop the disc in and BOOM installing. Oh yeah, it finally finished, and then a friend of mine overseas woke up and we spent an hour playing Puyo Puyo VS online. So yeah, I didn't even play SRIV anyway. DRUNKEN TUESDAY!

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

According to the staff, PSN is always spotty in terms of reliable download speeds.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally get around to playing and I shit you not, it fucking hard locks my PS3 when it autosaves in the first fucking cut scene. This is bullshit. I'm on the verge of selling my shit and finding a used Genesis and some cartridges.

Avatar image for notlikelytocare
    notlikelytocare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: Come to PC, we have better rigs.

This seems like the logical step. Consoles used to be the bastion of ease of use. Now they need as many updates and are just as likely to fuck up as a PC game. I do all my gaming on my second monitor already anyway.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a good 10-15 hours in now and having fun, but this is the crashingest game I have ever played!!#$%$@ Seriously. It crashed on me yesterday and I stopped playing. I started playing today and three minutes in, crashes again. It's managed to hard lock my PS3 probably 4 out 5 play sessions now. Mang!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.