Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

Should I pick this up? Will I be able to _.. Please help.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SideburnGuru

First off, let me explain. I used to love the Saints Row series, but three kinda spoiled what I loved and Four always seemed too out there for me. I never got around to it, up until recently where I stopped taking Saints Row so seriously. It was never meant to be, and I got over the pointless vendetta I had against the new game.

I made myself a few wagers. I'd pick up the game for like, 40 bucks if I could do the following.

One: Use the powers as sparsely as I want. Meaning, if I wanted to drive around and shoot normally, I'd still have a good chance.

Two: Could I make Zombie John Marston. It sounds crazy, but I really wanted to make Marston mainly because he's from my favorite game, he's my favorite character, and when Undead Nightmare came out, I loved the idea of John getting a second chance as an image of true hate. It sounds weird, but my point is.

Could I make him? Marston in general, then the zombie stuff I could add afterwards. I haven't seen a single good Marston yet on this game.

I'm only making these ridiculous wagers because I still don't know how much I want it. If I knew I could do the two, I'd say hell with it and jump right on in.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BawlZINmotion

I'll be honest, Saints Row 4 seems like an expansion to Saints Row 3 that was expanded and saturated way beyond what it was intended to be. It's worth getting when on sale, otherwise I don't know.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the first one is definitely possible, though honestly cars are sort of obsolete in the game due to how ridiculously overpowered your character is. Guns are still useful, but again, the powers are a lot stronger.

Can't say anything on the second point though.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SR4 did a free weekend on Steam from like Thursday to Sunday two weeks ago. I finished the campaign during that time span. Had my fill. I'm no completionist.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit, thanks for the reply guys. Figured I was better waiting. Came pretty damn close to making a fun looking Zombie Marston character. I'll be waiting on a sale then.

I'm not a PC Guy, I'm a PSN guy. Mainly because my console has some weird issue where it can't read discs and if I want to play disc games, I have to use my family PS3.

I know PSN has some strange sales sometimes, so I guess I'll be waiting.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

First off, let me explain. I used to love the Saints Row series, but three kinda spoiled what I loved and Four always seemed too out there for me. I never got around to it, up until recently where I stopped taking Saints Row so seriously. It was never meant to be, and I got over the pointless vendetta I had against the new game.

Wat. You sound like an absolute crazy person.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SideburnGuru said:

Wat. You sound like an absolute crazy person.

You know, while SR3 is typically regarded as the one where it just went total crazy, you did some really fucking insane shit in 2. Sure there were parts that were more serious, but I recall firing an assault rifle with a grenade launcher on the highway at Red Faction vehicles, and crashing a helicopter into a building, and then jumping out of the helicopter into the building in 2. Also, swordfight on a burning / exploding boat. And fighting monster trucks on foot.

But hey, folks have their opinions and whatnot, and there's a variety of things that changed other than just "crazy shit" I suppose people didn't like. I can't think of any though, since I loved 3.

Saints 4 is one of my favorite games, easy.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

The only possible reason someone might like Saints Row 4 and not 3 would be if they're really into super powers, since SR4 is pretty good with these. Since you are the opposite of this person, you would be crazy to buy this game for more than 5 dollars.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i technically put more hours into 4 than 3 but 4 is even crazier then 3 so you probably wont like it. i did.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

@veektarius: I think you mean that Saints Row 4 is what Crackdown 2 should have been. Plus all the ridiculous humor from 3 extended even further.

If, OP, you want anything like the experience I've felt with my limited time with SR2, then no. Then again, this is 4 months later and obviously minds have already been made up.

Still, I find Saints Row 3 to be buckets of fun your first time through, and 4 the same in about as climactic and over-the-top way that the series will ever be able to pull off. You need to embrace the powers fully.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

This thread is over 4 months old.

Just... thought I should point that out for ya'll.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@yummylee: Some new account went and revived 5 SR4 threads to promote their youtube letsplay channel, his replies all got already deleted by the mods, but that's why all the threads suddenly resurfaced. I am just naturally super observant, like a hawk!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@tennmuerti: Oh, I know that. I was just referring to the other posts that are responding to the OP as if this is a relatively new thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ill buy it when its dirt cheap. as for making a character, isnt there a standalone app called The Inauguration Station that lets you build characters without owning the game?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By veektarius

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.