Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

Some of these challenges are utter crap.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Weapon kill challenges will always be pretty bland, that's just a fact, but man. SRIV isn't designed to keep you in a vehicle, and at the end of the game had only only 200k feet traveled out of 2.5 million in an alien vehicle.

Some of these just seemed really silly and excessive. I've been going for a solid half an hour in a Void just flying around the island and I'm still only at about 700k feet.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't played the game so I don't know what you're talking about, can you elaborate? only 700k feet of doing what?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jouseldelka: Maybe he means flying about ? This game is waayyyy to crazy for me.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By alternate

Jokes on you for bothering with the lame challenges.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I've gone back post-game to try and mop up missed challenges and achievements, but some of them such as "kill 100 aliens with telekinesis" have just taken a turn for the tedious.

Also, it seems like I can't get gold on the Stomp Mayhem side missions to save my life.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jokes on you for bothering with the lame challenges.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weapon kill challenges will always be pretty bland, that's just a fact, but man. SRIV isn't designed to keep you in a vehicle, and at the end of the game had only only 200k feet traveled out of 2.5 million in an alien vehicle.

Some of these just seemed really silly and excessive. I've been going for a solid half an hour in a Void just flying around the island and I'm still only at about 700k feet.

I like the Void and have been using it loads. It comes in really handy when you need to clear out one of those bases or protect when a virus is being loaded up. You just get up in the air and pound them with missiles. I also used it for getting across the map really quickly. I suppose that's the thing about this game, there are so many different ways to do everything that everyone is going to have different methods. I bet when Volition look at people's stats they are all over the place.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

When I beat Saints Row the Third I played the heck out of it post game.

When I beat Saints Row IV I felt like I never want to play that game again - and I had a ton of fun playing it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I beat Saints Row IV I felt like I never want to play that game again - and I had a ton of fun playing it.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only real complaint about trying to do the weapon challenges late/post game is that you don't have any good sources of standard enemies. Once you start blowing shit up, your notoriety rockets from "a cop might start chasing you if he feels like it" all the way up to "send in the tanks and murderbots and those big rolly guys and fuck it, just send in a warden!" before you have the time to get many kills in. This is ESPECIALLY bothersome when trying to get 250 bounce rifle kills, since the Zin tend to go completely bonkers when you use it.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

My general feelings towards Saints Row IV is that all the side stuff (besides the loyalty mission) is more or less complete junk. But those story missions are so, so good.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I did them all. I regret nothing. The rift and Genki ones were bad but I actually didn't mind the races and I liked the ones where you got to shoot guys.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Don't care about the challenges. I was fine with the activities for the most part as they were pretty easy, but Super Power Fight Club can eat a steaming bowl of dicks

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@xxizzypop: As for the insanely stupid alien vehicle challenge, I have some advice.

1. Get the Void.

2. Fly at max altitude towards the edge until " The Saints Need You in Steelport."

3. Wait a little bit and then press left or right on the keyboard.

4. Turn off your monitor, and go to sleep. When you wake up, you should be done.

Yeah. Some of the side stuff is lame.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I choose to believe, or perhaps just hope, challenges (and achievements) in most games are meta-commentary about the state of gaming.

e.g. Kill X of Y! Complete the game for 5-7 accolades! Play the game for Z days straight! ...and so on. Madness.

@humanity said:

What did you find worth doing post-game in SR3 as opposed to SR4? As fun as SR3 and SR4 are, I have never felt compelled to play them without story-related missions to pursue. The only open world game I've ever felt compelled to play more of post-story missions is Just Cause 2.

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

My only real complaint about trying to do the weapon challenges late/post game is that you don't have any good sources of standard enemies.

Fight club challenges.

Everyone counts as an alien there.

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

My only real complaint about trying to do the weapon challenges late/post game is that you don't have any good sources of standard enemies.

Fight club challenges.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike76x said:

@bbalpert said:

Fight club challenges.

You mean the super power fight club missions? I thought you couldn't use weapons in those.

Although I did find a place that works fairly well for getting weapon kills. If you go to the military base (the island that has the "entering a restricted area" message) with 0 notoriety, you can find big groups of soldiers. They will leave you alone if you're just walking around, but they'll all turn on you if you attack anything. So you can enter the base, fire off a few warning shots, get 20 or 30 weapon kills, then run away to let your notoriety die down (or use your phone ability).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noblenerf: not sure exactly why myself but I think that since SR3 is a bit more grounded I wanted to go around a bit more now that I had purchased a lot of the upgrades and just feel invincible. In SR4 you feel that way from the very start so when the game is over I didn't feel a need to keep going at all. I guess I just like to drive around listening to music and outrunning cops as the driving physics are actually pretty great in SR3.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By musubi

@xxizzypop: As someone who has all the trophies its gonna take you a good 5 hours for that challenge alone.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By TheHT

@deadeyemccoy said:

Also, it seems like I can't get gold on the Stomp Mayhem side missions to save my life.

Purchase the dash upgrades and run around into shit in between stomps. They contribute to the combo meter, even though it's not stomping. Same for TK mayhem, just hold the ball in front of you and dash everywhere. Seriously broken, but I suppose it's the point given the game.

Yeah, don't even bother stomping. Just run and let the tornado behind you rack up points. Having the No Rag-Doll From Explosions bonus makes running around holding a ball in TK mayhem easier too.

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Potts

@theht said:

@dudeglove said:

@deadeyemccoy said:

Purchase the dash upgrades and run around into shit in between stomps. They contribute to the combo meter, even though it's not stomping. Same for TK mayhem, just hold the ball in front of you and dash everywhere. Seriously broken, but I suppose it's the point given the game.

Yeah, don't even bother stomping. Just run and let the tornado behind you rack up points. Having the No Rag-Doll From Explosions bonus makes running around holding a ball in TK mayhem easier too.

I did most of the TK mayhem missions that way, but I didn't (and still don't) have the no ragdoll upgrade yet, so it was really annoying. So I just ended up getting my noteriety up high enough, then grabbing a ball & just yo-yoing it back and forth on cop cars to blow them up. Ended up getting the full gold in about 2 minutes, when previous tries I couldn't even make bronze.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

@dudeglove said:

@deadeyemccoy said:

The No Rag-doll bonus also makes the TK Rift challenges WAAAAAY easier, since you no longer get knocked over when a stray ball makes it through and hit you.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I'm in the exact same boat. In fact, if they hadn't incentivized me into doing the side-mission content with extra powers and weapons, I would have made a beeline through the story just to get it over with.

Everything outside of collecting data clusters, the main story line, and the loyalty missions, the game felt lifeless and flat.

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mike76x

@bbalpert said:

@mike76x said:

@bbalpert said:

Fight club challenges.

You mean the super power fight club missions? I thought you couldn't use weapons in those.

Although I did find a place that works fairly well for getting weapon kills. If you go to the military base (the island that has the "entering a restricted area" message) with 0 notoriety, you can find big groups of soldiers. They will leave you alone if you're just walking around, but they'll all turn on you if you attack anything. So you can enter the base, fire off a few warning shots, get 20 or 30 weapon kills, then run away to let your notoriety die down (or use your phone ability).

Ah, you're right.

That's where I got my stomp grind on.

With weaponry, I found if you bring your super-homies the warden takes a bit longer to come out and dies faster.

It's also fun to start a fight while you're inside a store and the doorway forces them to come in single file, and vehicles can't get you.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having a real hard time with the Fraud missions. I barley get to the silver medal, no chance of getting gold and I don't know wha tto do. I had no problem with them in SR3

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abendlaender: Don't treat it like Saints Row The Third. Jump as high as you can, hold down the ragdoll button and forward. I usually find a highway or something else that has traffic so that I have a better chance of hitting a car going the opposite way.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@abendlaender: Here's the secret: fully charge a jump, and as soon as you leave the ground, start ragdolling and hold forward. After that, cartwheel around the city like a maniac for five minutes. It's hilarious to watch, and it's a guaranteed Gold.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By GaspoweR

Well, that's why they're called challenges I guess but I didn't really bother with those particular challenges anyway, only the ones that involve getting Gold on side missions/activities that would lead to another ability being unlocked (e.g. Immovable object buff during super sprint, unlimited glide, increased TK throw distance, etc.)

Also, I actually like the side activities this time than in SR3 since I never even bothered with the side activities in SR3 as much since it didn't give as much money or experience and I didn't really get any other good rewards, at least in SR4 there are side missions associated with side activities. I'm not even done with SR4 but I'm having a lot more fun here than I had in SR3 though I enjoyed my time with SR3.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abendlaender: Full charge jump then air dash then immediately ragdoll after the air dash (don't wait for the glide) since the momentum from the air dash will launch you forward giving you a lot of speed and do it preferably in a busy road or highway and if ever you are close to an end of the highway and you managed to get good air, turn the camera towards where you came from to go back into the highway and JUST KEEP GOING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. It does take a few tries but you'll get it.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SR4 Insurance Fraud is an amazing abuse of the physics engine. You could combo forever using your Matrix powers! There's no target area, so once you're high in the air or cartwheeling on the ground, you can flip into cars, fly into the air, dive into a car, and repeat ad infinitum. I've gotten gold medals from a single combo this way. Much easier than SR3.

The "destroy $X worth of stuff" missions are the ones I struggle with. It's hard maintaining a combo.

My favourite activity is... oddly... collecting the data clusters. If I see one, I will go for it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxizzypop: Are you suggesting achievements are a meaningless timesink? Blasphemy!

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SR4 Insurance Fraud is an amazing abuse of the physics engine. You could combo forever using your Matrix powers! There's no target area, so once you're high in the air or cartwheeling on the ground, you can flip into cars, fly into the air, dive into a car, and repeat ad infinitum. I've gotten gold medals from a single combo this way. Much easier than SR3.

The "destroy $X worth of stuff" missions are the ones I struggle with. It's hard maintaining a combo.

My favourite activity is... oddly... collecting the data clusters. If I see one, I will go for it.

The destruction of the Physics engine is pure bliss

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Find a long fence, run along it, hit a few cars: DONE. There is this one really long wooden fence I found I had a combo of 250 at one point, I destroyed a single tank: Gold medal in one explosion. Really the answer to most of these missions is just to run really fast :P

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40  Edited By MildMolasses

The only one I remember not getting gold on right away was the black hole gun. In that case it was just a matter of upgrading the weapon for a larger AoE and rate of fire

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 had better challenges. This game feels just like an expansion pack to 3. It's enjoyable, but for a full price game it's a bit lacking. A 6/10 on a non-the-publisher-will-stop-sending-us-review-codes-so-I have to-give-this-above-a-seven scale.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noblenerf said:

The only one I remember not getting gold on right away was the black hole gun. In that case it was just a matter of upgrading the weapon for a larger AoE and rate of fire

The problem I had with the black hole gun wasn't that the radius was too small, it was that the radius seemed to be inconsistent. I'd fire one shot that yanked a helicopter out of the sky and sucked in an armored truck from nearly a block away, then fired another shot 5 feet from a car that did no damage whatsoever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.