Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Am I missing something *spoilers*

wordfalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wordfalling

I can't be the only one who expected the Syndicate to clone Johnny Gatt in the same way they did Oleg and for the whole game expected an army of Johnny's to roll in but it never happened.

Is JG really dead? Because man, that would suck.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Yeah, he's gone.

I'm half counting on the clone DLC to be about him tho.
    If they let Johnny die for good I will be really disappointed in the series, Johnny was the personification of Saints Row to me.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Liber

JG is a zombie, you can call him on your phone.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikeGosot
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    Yeah, he's gone.  I'm half counting on the clone DLC to be about him tho. If they let Johnny die for good I will be really disappointed in the series, Johnny was the personification of Saints Row to me.
    Since the description about this DLC was "Copycat killing at it's finest" i'm half expecting a DLC about a copycat of the Boss ruining the name of The Saints. It could be a DLC about Brutes too.
    SketchPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SketchPanic

@MikeGosot: But the Brutes have already been done throughout SR:TT. I'll go with the Gat clones as a nice little loophole into bringing Gat back (then again that is wishful thinking). Otherwise, it could the same thing you suggested, with the Boss somehow being cloned. Story-wise, Gat being cloned would make more sense considering they had the body and the means to clone him for quite a while. Then again, Saints Row isn't all about making sense. lol

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikeGosot
    @SketchPanic said:

@MikeGosot: But the Brutes have already been done throughout SR:TT. I'll go with the Gat clones as a nice little loophole into bringing Gat back (then again that is wishful thinking). Otherwise, it could the same thing you suggested, with the Boss somehow being cloned. Story-wise, Gat being cloned would make more sense considering they had the body and the means to clone him for quite a while. Then again, Saints Row isn't all about making sense. lol

Bringing one of the most iconic characters of the franchise back for DLC would be really lame. The again, it would bring money to their pockets, so it makes sense. 
    Also, Nyte Blade was done in the campaign, but they announced a Nyte Blade DLC.
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Dagbiker

If hes not in the dlc then he will be in SR4 some how

SketchPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SketchPanic

@MikeGosot: Lame to bring him back via DLC? I would agree, but at least they would be bringing him back. As for the Nyte Blade DLC, I thought that was just vehicles and cloths, not a full fledged DLC.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikeGosot
    @SketchPanic: I'm starting to think that none of the DLC will be a mission pack. But i have a pretty high chance to be wrong. Also, Gat needs to be in SRIV.
    Libberate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Libberate

They killed off Gat cause Daniel Dae Kim was too busy with live action work to do lots of voice acting for the game, didn't they?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By McGhee
    Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Catarrhal
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

To be honest, it took me a while to realize he was dead. I hadn't turned on subtitles yet, and I guess you get a phone call saying that he's dead, and I simply missed it. I slowly picked it up through ambient dialog, Shaundi saying "Let's go home and bury Johnny," and finally his funeral progression, but still... that seems like a LAME way to kill off such a prolific character in your series. I don't think I skipped a cutscene or anything, did I?

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SomeDeliCook

In the next Saints Row in the first cut-scene, he will just walk into the room all nonchalant.

Your character will look at him with a sort of puzzled look, he will say "What?" and you'll just respond "Thought you had a haircut for a second"

Thats all the explanation thats needed

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By shirogane

@SomeDeliCook said:

In the next Saints Row in the first cut-scene, he will just walk into the room all nonchalant.

Your character will look at him with a sort of puzzled look, he will say "What?" and you'll just respond "Thought you had a haircut for a second"

Thats all the explanation thats needed

Godamn, well, that's just as good, if not better than my theory.

So owning a city, cool yeah? But they're called the Saints, SR4, they take over Heaven, and bring back every single dead character.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I couldn't have been the only one to do a double take on the Gangstas in Space mission when you notice there's a Johnny Gat thumbnail in the top as one of your homies.

My instant thought was "Ah shit did I skip a cutscene?" But nope.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hatking

You guys do realize that the main character was blown up in the first game, right? Dying doesn't really mean much in the Saints Row universe. I bet we'll see some more of Gat.

I hope so.

heavyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By heavyplay

@animathias said:

To be honest, it took me a while to realize he was dead. I hadn't turned on subtitles yet, and I guess you get a phone call saying that he's dead, and I simply missed it. I slowly picked it up through ambient dialog, Shaundi saying "Let's go home and bury Johnny," and finally his funeral progression, but still... that seems like a LAME way to kill off such a prolific character in your series. I don't think I skipped a cutscene or anything, did I?

Yeah me too. That game got too crazy too soon and a lot of it flew over my head before I could acclimatize myself to the style.

And since we never actually saw Johnny eat it, I was expecting him to show up somewhere later along in the game. If he is dead, that sucks. The character deserved a better exit than an off-screen death in the intro mission.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Catarrhal

The @animathias said:

[T]hat seems like a LAME way to kill off such a prolific character in your series. I don't think I skipped a cutscene or anything, did I?

No, you're totally right. His death scene is practically the definition of "anticlimax," especially compared to what happened with Carlos--a relatively minor character--in Saint's Row 2.

@animathias said:

To be honest, it took me a while to realize he was dead. I hadn't turned on subtitles yet…

Don't feel bad; the same exact thing happened to me. I started the game over from the beginning (with subtitles), and things became a bit more clear. Despite that, the genuine lack of significance placed on his character's death does seem rather calculated on Volition's part. With so many unanswered questions, I hope we can all look forward to his triumphant return. Otherwise, yeah, that is fucking lame.

Alo81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Alo81

@SomeDeliCook: That would be REALLLLY great.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#21  Edited By Hailinel

@HatKing said:

You guys do realize that the main character was blown up in the first game, right? Dying doesn't really mean much in the Saints Row universe. I bet we'll see some more of Gat.

I hope so.

The difference is that the main character was never specifically stated to have died at the end of the first game. The credits immediately followed the explosion without resolution.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hatking

@Hailinel said:

@HatKing said:

I hope so.

The difference is that the main character was never specifically stated to have died at the end of the first game. The credits immediately followed the explosion without resolution.

Fain enough, but this is the Saints Row universe and it wouldn't be entirely bizarre or out of the question for Johnny Gat to come back from the dead. I'd even be okay with a Frankenstein's monster sort of scenario where, in an early mission, you retrieve Gat's body parts and bring him back to life - with super-human strength, of course.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#23  Edited By Hailinel

@HatKing said:

@Hailinel said:

@HatKing said:

I hope so.

Fain enough, but this is the Saints Row universe and it wouldn't be entirely bizarre or out of the question for Johnny Gat to come back from the dead. I'd even be okay with a Frankenstein's monster sort of scenario where, in an early mission, you retrieve Gat's body parts and bring him back to life - with super-human strength, of course.

I'm not saying that Gat won't come back in some ridiculous fashiuon, but even in Saints Row 2, characters that were killed stayed dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.