Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Are you kidding me?!

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PulledaBrad

Why the fuck did no one mention to me that goddam

SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.

HULK HOGAN is in this game?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

You might want to rework that spoiler tag there.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By shirogane

I belive it did get mentioned...multiple times.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikeGosot

Because everybody was paying attention to Sasha Grey and Kanye West's Power. 

EDIT: And giant purple dildos.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Hulk Hogan is in this game. He also kinda sucks, too. Angel mostly sounds really bored and anti-climatic, and wasn't that great of a character - least of all when put against the ever charismatic Killbane.

Then again I also didn't like Kinzie and found her ''arrogant, dry super-dork'' archetype to be immensely annoying. For the most part she just complaints a lot, and the whole thing about your character getting confused amidst all her tech-talk got stretched a little too thin as the game went on. Zimos was hilarious at every turn; just a shame he seemingly disappears from the story nearly right after he's introduced.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nintendoeats

Wait, that was Hulk Hogan?

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Tuggah

Because Hulk Hogan sucks.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Dagbiker

@Abyssfull said:

Hulk Hogan is in this game. He also kinda sucks, too. Angel mostly sounds really bored and anti-climatic, and wasn't that great of a character - least of all when put against the ever charismatic Killbane.

Then again I also didn't like Kinzie and found her ''arrogant, dry super-dork'' archetype to be immensely annoying. For the most part she just complaints a lot, and the whole thing about your character getting confused amidst all her tech-talk got stretched a little too thin as the game went on. Zimos was hilarious at every turn; just a shame he seemingly disappears from the story nearly right after he's introduced.

I liked Kinsy, I like her caricature, and i like the default female's banter with Kinsy. But I agree that Angels lines are real flat and unenthusiastic, same with Violas (Sasha Grey).

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By hbkdx12

He was poorly used. If anything they should have made him killbane and let him be all over the top ala hulkamania without all the actual branding of course

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 234r2we232

They should have hired a good voice actor. He was the weakest character of the bunch.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Phished0ne

@hbkdx12 said:

He was poorly used. If anything they should have made him killbane and let him be all over the top ala hulkamania without all the actual branding of course

Agreed! Hulk would've done great things as Killbane.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Xeiphyer

Having him play Angel was just a poor choice I think, the Angel character is kind of terrible and boring. Hulk Hogan is a good voice actor (I mean, his whole thing is an act after all), so they should have written the character for him.

I really liked Killbane though, so I wouldn't want them to rewrite that character for Hogan because he was already great. I imagine they came to the same conclusion and had him to Angel instead.

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#13  Edited By EpicBenjamin

@Dagbiker said:

@Abyssfull said:

I liked Kinsy, I like her caricature, and i like the default female's banter with Kinsy. But I agree that Angels lines are real flat and unenthusiastic, same with Violas (Sasha Grey).

I think Hogan did a good job, though Sasha Grey was terrible.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By IBurningStar

I thought a better voice for Angel would have been Rey Mysterio. Or if they really wanted their wrestler characters to match the level of crazy show throughout the rest of the game they should have had someone voice by the Ultimate Warrior.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Catarrhal

@IBurningStar: I doubt Ultimate Warrior would be willing to do a video game like Saints Row; compared to most wrestlers, he has a monastic lifestyle.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Imma level with you guys, and just come right out and say it. I don't like Hulk Hogan.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Ravenlight

I think it was a poor choice to pay "celebrities" to do subpar VO work,

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dagbiker

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Imma level with you guys, and just come right out and say it. I don't like Hulk Hogan.

Same, but i have a suspicion that the jeff only likes him ironically.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#19  Edited By Little_Socrates

I liked him. The only character I didn't really like from the game was Shaundi, and I liked her way more towards the beginning of the game. She needed to get over herself at some point, and that never happens.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By BleedingStarX

@Phished0ne: Agreed! Until I got the game I was under the impression that Hulk Hogan WAS Killbane as I stayed clear of all SR3 info as to not spoil anything. I was very disappointed when it turned out he wasn't voicing the luchador leader

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikeGosot

Also, i liked Sasha Grey. Because she is Sasha Grey, and that's cool. Her voice acting was flat, and her character wasn't the best thing ever, but she was Sasha Grey. It would have been better if she simply was... Sasha Grey. 
    Hulk Hogan as Angel could've been better. But that was Angel's fault, not Hogan.  
    Every character was cool in some way. My favorite were Zimos, Killbane, Kinzie and Oleg.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nottle

Wouldn't it be great if Macho Man Randy Savage didn't die? Then he could voice someone.... you know what... I'm going to make Macho man Randy Savage in this game.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@EpicBenjamin said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Abyssfull said:

I think Hogan did a good job, though Sasha Grey was terrible.

I think Sasha Grey was fine. No where near perfect, but just fine. I think Viola was shitty.

Sister gets killed, barely shows her really upset, kinda randomly joins the Saints, says she wants to help take down Killbane or whatever, but she seems like the least motivated of everyone in the crew, and at the end of the game if you chose to rescue her and Shaundi, she isn't even part of the ending. I know this game isn't exactly going for story of the year, but her character in particular feels so half-assed that I would rather they didn't even make her join the Saints.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.