Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Does ne1 realize that your main story homies talk to each other?

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By hbkdx12

Albeit quite briefly.

If you call two of ur homies from the main story (shaundi, oleg, kinzie, josh, pierce, etc) often time they will have a brief exchange. 

One time i had viola and Kinzie and it was hilarious

Kinzie: (geeky flattery) I like your hair
    Viola: Ugh...thanks?
    Kinzie: It's so Shiny
    Viola: Umm yeah. You know...if you just wash your hair...it would look just like this
    Kinzie: (geeky excitement) Will you show me? !
    Viola: Uhh sure
    Kinzie: (Creepy geekiness) We're like sisters now

Zimos and Shaundi's exchange was funny.  Can't remember it exactly and i don't want to butcher it.  I also had Josh and Shaundi together and Josh just swooned over her the whole time.

Anybody have any noteworthy pairings?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Yeah, I picked up on that pretty early on. There's some OK dialogue, but nothing I was able to retain long afterwards. What I really disliked about it, though, is how it's repeated whenever you go with the same ''homies'' again down the line. It's not ordinarily an issue, but when it comes to Oleg constantly getting his giant... everything... within my range of gunfire, complaining, leaving, then joining again soon after, and being treated to him and Angel talking about Murderbrawl yet again only seconds after.

OK, actually, the main issue is just how Oleg is so goddamn fickle... how can he not expect to have to put up with a little friendly fire when he's always charging everywhere seemingly intent on trying to kill the same guy I happen to be trying to kill. It's a shame because Oleg can be a pretty fun guy to have around. But more often than not he's not worth the hassle.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Ruiner
    No Caption Provided

the only companion I need...

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hbkdx12
    @Abyssfull: Dialogue issues aside, none of them are really worth their salt in a firefight with maybe the exception of  mayor burt reynolds

What he lacks in firepower (he carries no weapons, WTF?!) he makes up in intellect (he ducks when you shoot in his direction)
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

@hbkdx12: Burt Reynolds was a fucking bust for me. Ever since I, naturally, sided with him I haven't been able to call him up since he's forever ''busy'' apparently. Then once I completed the story, every main character homie was made to be unavailable. I can only call the vehicle drops and the groups, like SWAT and the Saints. Then again from what I've read, the entire ''Homie mechanic'' is pretty screwy overall. And like you said, they're never all that much help anywhoo and I'll often just recruit some grunts if I ever need a few bodies to use as distractions. But man... I never got to call up ole Burt once... not once. ='/

Oh and zombie Gat is always willing to tag along, generously enough.
    hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hbkdx12
    @Abyssfull: That sucks :( He's worth hanging out with if for no other reason than just to see the kind of car he pulls up in. 

I get more fun out of just riding with homies than i probably should. It's oddly comforting considering i've done pretty much every single thing there is to do with the exception of finding and killing Genki. That Bastard >_<

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.