Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Playing on harder difficulty ruining the experience?

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By rachelepithet

I usually find normal difficulty in most games, especially this kind, a cakewalk. The only challenge I found in GTA games came from the glitchy way characters control (missions fail from random accidents like NPCs cars blocking the roadway). But Saints Row is pummeling me. It seems like every activity I do draws helicopters, and they take me put with such precision, I never stand a chance. I feel like I'm supposed to have a rocket launcher or something by now, maybe I spent too much money so far buying properties (my income is higher than the transaction limit). But the choppers target me so fast I dont even think I'd be able to aim at them, at least without then getting killed by ground enemies. And the cars catch fire and explode faster than I ever seem to be able to ditch them.

Ground enemies are taking me out Ghost Recon fast, too. Even after buying health upgrades. I've only gotten through two missions in the main campaign, but feel like I'm getting a late level beat down. The jokes are getting stale from me hearing them on repeat when I retry the mission a dozen times. Should I make the gameplay more easy/boring in order to enjoy the comedy?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EXTomar

Part of the issue with SR3 and RFG is that their physics and driving are "fun" but not balanced for difficulty. The game will just keep cramming guys into an area whether or not they will "realistically fit" or not where you can end up with a giant pile of people and cars and people on top of cars. It makes for fantastic explosions and action except for the type part you have 50 cars who will knock you down while hundreds of things shooting at you.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Milkman

Not that kind of game. Just play on normal.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm

I actually like it on hardcore, but I'm playing a perfectionist run by taking over territory one at a time, doing all of the side missions, finding all of the collectibles, etc., so I can power through the upgrades at a good rate. I'm barely halfway through the story, and I'm already at twenty-two hours and fifty-four percent completion. I'm really enjoying maximizing the experience this way, because I just bumrushed the story content every time I've played it.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By 49th

If you are not having fun play in a different way.

I am having a blast on normal not even taking cover and just blasting everyone in the face with duel pistols.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By impartialgecko

Play on normal. It's a power fantasy not a test of skill. It's like Arkham City, if you're dying all over the place the sense of unstoppable badassery is ruined. It's meant to be a cakewalk in other words. Also the early missions suck compared to the later levels. There's maybe one mission (POWER!) that stands out in the first 3 or so hours after the awesome opening. Give it time, blast through on normal and you'll get the comedy soon enough.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShockD

I don't know, this is Saints Row... There is no hard difficulty.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By GoofyGoober

Play on normal

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.