Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Samurai Gunn

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 10, 2013

A two to four player bushido deathmatch game where each player is equipped with a sword and a gun with three bullets. One hit kills.

Sheath Animation

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

This was something that I saw someone else post about on another board elsewhere, but it didn't have any responses yet. I was wondering if anyone else around here might have tried this little thing out and noticed any discernible difference for doing it.

If you press the attack button and then hold it for a few seconds after you finish your sword swipe, your character will sheathe the sword in the holster. I haven't been able to tell if this provides any advantages as of yet. Does anyone else out there know if this has a functional purpose in the game, or is it just neat flavour animation?

BamSaidTheLady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think the next attack will have longer range.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@rasgueado; @bamsaidthelady:

Not sure if y'all are still playing but sheathing your sword actually changes your stance. It's both a minor and major change. Once you change your stance the angle of all your swipes is inverted slightly. Your stance will stay permanently changed until you sheath the sword again. For example in default stance if you skyslash at at someone hiding in an alcove to your upper right, you will miss, but in inverted stance the sword moves a few pixels to the right, so will connect and kill them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.