Sao Paulo Futebol Clube is a football club based in Sao Paulo,Brasil with one of the most reputable histories and biggest base of fans in the country.It is also Brasil's most victorious squad in international competitions,winning three Club World Cups and various South American championships in its storied history,along with its six national championships.In recent years they have taken their place as one of the dominant clubs in Brasilian football,winning the Brasileirao,the top flight championship in Brasil,for three years consecutively from 2006-2008,most notably in 2008,when the club found itself far behind then leader Gremio midway through the season only to charge back and overcome an eleven point deficit in order to become champions.This inspired the return of an old nickname for the club,"Jason",as,like horror icon Jason Voorhees,they seemingly could never be killed and always returned to the grief of their adversaries.They play in the Estadio do Morumbi.Salve o tricolor paulista!
Notable Players From Sao Paulo
- Kaka - Current Real Madrid player and former World Player of the Year
- Rogerio Ceni - Hero of Club World Cup triumph over Liverpool,as well as top goal scorer of all time amongst goalkeepers
- Falcao - To this day considered one of the top midfielders to play the game,as well as a hero for club A.S. Roma
- Müller - Scored over 150 goals for the club,was a vital part for Brasil's World Cup victory in 1994
- Rai - Considered one of the club's greatest players,won practically every state,national,and international title possible with the club
- Cafu - Legend at AC Milan as well as victor of two World Cups
- Leonardo - Played for Brasil's '94 Cup winning side,current manager for AC Milan
- Julio Baptista - Former Real Madrid and current A.S. Roma player,one of the top prospects from the club alongside Kaka at the turn of the millenium
- Luis Fabiano - Considered one of the top strikers in the world and the Spanish League,was instrumental in Brasil's Confederations Cup victory over the U.S.