Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Satellite Reign

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2015

A real-time, class-based strategy game, set in a cyberpunk open world.

Satellite Reign - Full release on 28 Aug 2015

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By extintor

A heads up to all that this game is apparently releasing on 28 Aug 2015, (see 'leaving early access' para ) .

I've been holding off the early access to keep my experience fresh... Here's to hoping that it'll scratch my two-decade long syndicate itch.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I saw this game about half a year ago and most people who bought into the early access said it was very early in development. Hopefully they put some serious work in it because I like what I saw, I just hope it plays well.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I am a backer and played about 30min so far (I am waiting for the full relase) and it made a great first impression.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been messing around with the early access version for a few weeks now. I'm enjoying it. It seems to have a lot of promise. The art style is pretty great, and the gameplay is wide open. Once you get past the tutorial, the game really opens up. I'm holding off until the full release now, but it definitely made a good first impression.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good to hear positive things. Looking forward to it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I messaged Vinny on Twitter to maybe give this game a shot. I don't know what their system for choosing random Steam games is, but I know they end up Quick Looking a lot of weird things. Sadly they haven't taken me up on this offer

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VierasTalo

@extintor said:

I've been holding off the early access to keep my experience fresh... Here's to hoping that it'll scratch my two-decade long syndicate itch.

I've been doing the same. I'll be real excited to try this out.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By hassun
    Loading Video...

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just played a bit of it, and it seems real fun. The world you get to dick around in is huge! And gameplay feels really tight.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

Ah had this on my wishlist for a while was waiting for it to come out of early access.

Man there is a just a gluttony of games to play now.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow, never heard of this but after watching that (and looking around the first video of a Beta Let's Play), it looks rad as hell. I love cyberpunk stuff.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's out people, time to get your Syndicate on!

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By extintor

gotta power through to the end of Shadowrun: Hong Kong so I can get on this asap.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MerxWorx01

Anyonw tried playing this yet? Still trying to figure out how being stealthy and unseen works. Soldier still see me from far away in partitioned area with no line of sight on a higher level. Fun game so far but my tactic of sneaking and eventually running and gunning while one person activates a mission goal seems to be my go to so far. Also replaced everyone with cool lady clones. I also managed to find Motoko Kusinagi from ghost in the shell just walking around ready to get cloned.

jedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

Just started this, very cool so far. Here's a contester for a quick look.

I hope the game is not too short because the map is large, but not that large if that's the whole game.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravey: Hey, thanks for the info. I already knew about about the stealth killing and abilities but is using the soldier as a decoy that viable? It might make things easier. I'm starting to just use smaller teams of two in different areas. Easier to hide in corners and behind doorways.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedo: From what I've seen, the area you see dealing with Wyvern is a fifth of the world. You gain access to the other areas by completing missions.

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shozo

I picked up a copy back in Dec. when it was still in early development. At that point the game play was practically non-existent. Frankly I'm amazed by the games evolution in the last 9 months. I'm only about an hour into the retail release but I'm having a good time. The ability to split-up your team and move them independently across the map feels both fresh and weird. I could technically be running three missions at once at different points on the map. As long as those missions would not need any specific skills sets from my characters. And as it's a cyberpunk game so GBeast should get first dibbs.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn this looks game looks pretty fucking cool

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure they have their reasons but it's weird that GBeast choose to Quick Look these small and I dunno, lacking, games like Ubermosh when there is a ton of interesting stuff like Satellite Reign out there.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am having some serious performance issues with this game. As soon as I got out of the tutorial area the fps dropped down to sub 40fps levels and is constantly fluctuating to boot. This is on a machine that runs Witcher 3 on a high/ultra mix at 60. And it's pretty much irrespective of the settings too, dropping the game down to low and disabling all the extra options seems to just put only a 5-10 frames higher. So it's not really horsepower related, there is something off in the base game itself that is making it chug.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@humanity said:

I'm sure they have their reasons but it's weird that GBeast choose to Quick Look these small and I dunno, lacking, games like Ubermosh when there is a ton of interesting stuff like Satellite Reign out there.

I agree. The choices of indie games they've been quicklooking has seemed odd to me.

As far as this game though I'm guessing they've had the Ubermosh quicklook in the can for a while and Satellite Reign just came out.

jedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merxworx01: Yeah, I have played some more and I see at least 2 other locked area's. The starting area is actually packed full of sidequests and is fairly large.

So far my only complaint is that the game is too easy (which seems to be the opposite of what some others are experiencing?) because of AI behavior. My guy gets spotted in the middle of a mission and by the time the guard goes through his becoming-alert-animation my guy just runs away without getting shot.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tennmuerti

@jedo: Have you tried doing one of the fortress compounds yet? They hold majority of the tech, but they also hold the most forces, in an enclosed space and when a firefight breaks out more come running. Out on the street yea you can just run away, but when doing a mission in a hostile area especially the big ones it can get hairy, since you do need to go deeper into them to get to your objective, running away basically sets you back to square one.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving the game so far, it's quite different from Syndicate, it is it's own thing, but it pulls it off well imo. I really like how there are multiple ways to go thought the guarded areas, be it guns blazing or stealthily. At the same time they have some neat touches like the pickup icon on objects, the splash screen, etc. I am about to finish the second zone and really like how parts of the missions are nice and easy, you raking in the money the intel etc, but then there are also the big scores, the ones that make you really sweat for it.

I do wish you could customize the look of your agents manually tho. It was fun at first trying to get that look you want from a civillian clone, but the problem is to get better clone stats you need to convert enemy troops the tougher the better, unfortunately they all have a very limited pool of potential looks.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few hours into it right now, still running around that first area. I am really liking the presentation and the overall atmosphere, but I agree that the game seems to run pretty poorly irregardless of settings (outside of bumping down the resolution, but that makes the top down view complete garbage). So I'm accepting some drawbacks for the generally good experience otherwise. Trying to efficiently get through missions by using your entire team to the best of their abilities has been very rewarding. I think the biggest gripe I have with the game is a feeling of lacking proper direction, but I guess that comes in hand with being open ended in which missions you want to do when. But it also results in finding yourself tracking across the map only to find that you're not high enough in hacking or some other skill to even try that place. But, it's a small issue that's half my own mentality, and nothing that has really detracted from the overall experience.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so far I've only put a few hours into it so don't have a lot to say yet. One thing that seems poorly conceived is the text size (and possibly the font type & color?) It isn't very legible and there's no way to change it.

jedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: Not yet, but unfortunately the AI is getting worse and worse the further I go. I destroyed a camera outside of a compound. Police showed up, went inside the compound for some reason, then started fighting with the guards insdie the compound (presumably because they are of a different "faction" or because they are armed). Then 3 cops got stuck on geometry running head first into a wall right near the entrance.

A shame really because I feel there is a really good deep foundation in this game, like the fact that the police started fighting the guards is cool in a way because it shows that there is a system at work.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jedo: I've definitely encountered weird geometry/collision bugs as well. The most notable one during a time when I was trying to zip-line my way out of a facility. The zip-line went over a gap where there was no floor and that was where one of my agents ended up falling. It was at the edge of the compound though so I was able to recover the agent by walking past the zone into neutral territory and then teleporting to one of the beacons.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I completed the game there definitely were some really great moments like pulling of a heist with no one noticing or wrecking shit with hijacked guard and explosives, but the game has some jank that can spoil the fun, I had a recurring graphic bug that messed with the portraits, broken missions scripting, I had my guys stuck in vents and I ran into a some broken geometry in the later levels.

The beacons being shop heal point spawn point etc. also caused some wonky situation were I would flee, due to a botch attempt. Only to be swamped by the enemy fruitlessly trying to kill my guys as they were getting healed.

The difficulty curve was not quite right for me and I snowballed hard in the later missions swimming in cash, skills and prototype weapons.

The story is standard cyberpunk with an in my opinion bit disappointing ending.

With all that said, did I enjoy my time time in the rain staring at the neon lights reflected in wet pavement? Absolutely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.