Scott Pilgrim vs. The Frustration
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game is a steal at 800 MS Points. It features all of Sex Bom-omb (Crazy Awesome Scott Pilgrim, Adorable and Angry Kim Pine, and the Talent that is Stephen Stills) and Scott's mysterious and alluring girlfriend, Ramona Flowers. Overall, the game is an enjoyable experience for fans of the comic and movie. And even if knew to the Scott Pilgrim world, it's old school style and mix of comicbook flair makes it intriguing for anyone. But it has a few drawbacks as well.
First I'll start with...
Great things about this game are:
- Vibrant Color Scheme
- Simplistic Controls
- True to the original comic's humor
- Fun unlockables (Boss mode, Zombie Survival, etc.)
- Quirky Pop Culture references
- Leaderboards for normal play and the special game types
And now the not so fun part...
- Difficulty curve fluctuates at very crucial moments
- Lack of online (I know it's sticking with the classic game style roots, but many people are unable to find others to play at home with and that's why they resort to online play. Makes getting one of the hidden characters next to impossible and you can miss out on one of the multiple endings.)
- Tends to "Lock-Up" when hitting buttons too fast for combos
- Unforgiving continues (Failing out right before a boss requires starting that world all over again and with less of things you spent time getitng)
Overall, this game is a wonderful purchase if you don't care about the multiplayer part as much and enjoy the magical world of Toronto and Scott Pilgrim. It's at least worth a trial play and if you focus hard enough, you can beat all 7 of those jerkwads, easy!