Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The fourth game in the Scribblenauts series focuses on cooperative multiplayer and content sharing, while further increasing the number of possible objects players can create.

How to buy Scrbblenauts on steam if you are in the EU or AU

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arabes

For EU customers, if you go to https://store.steampowered.com and login, then navigate to https://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us you can buy the game via the website. I literally just did so myself (from the UK). You don’t require a proxy or anything and it shows up immediately in your library :)

The above is from some dude called Joshua ix. He commented on a scribblenauts "wot i think" article on RPS. I tried it and it added to my library althogh I haven't downloaded it yet as my girlfriend won't allow me to until christmas :)

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That's a great way to get banned, from my understanding.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blommer4

Why would you get banned? It's litteraly no warning when you are doing this and no nothing else either. Just did it myself, thanks alot! :)

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

It's against the Steam TOS to use a payment method outside of the country it's issued in. By which I mean that you can't use a UK issued credit card on the US store. I asked Steam Support directly and their response is in this thread http://www.giantbomb.com/scribblenauts-unlimited/61-38545/yaaay-another-title-that-i-cant-purchase/35-567917/#41

So, be aware that this will leave yourself open to a banning.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Arabes

@GetEveryone said:

That's a great way to get banned, from my understanding.

Why would I get banned? If they don't want people to buy stuff from the US store then surely they would region lock your account. Although this would fuck you if you moved to a different region. Is there a reason (past experience maybe?) that you think this?

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Arabes: It's down to region pricing, because exchange rates don't always offer the same value (ie. EU members generally pay more for games than the US). Buying games from a different STeam region is hugely frowned upon, and generally entails a ban.

If you google something like "buying different region steam games", you'll see what I'm talking about.

Saying that, I don't know how likely they are to actually catch you - I just wouldn't make common practice of it.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Arabes

@dekkadekkadekka:

@GetEveryone:

Oh shit, well thanks for the heads up, I didn't realise that there was an issue. They should put this stuff up front when you are buying the games.

dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@Arabes: they did, it's in the TOS I'm sure everyone has read thoroughly.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arabes

@dekkadekkadekka: Yeah sure, I can remember reading it when I set up my account 6 or 7 years ago :)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#10  Edited By BeachThunder

If it helps, apparently the Australian version will be on Steam on the 28th.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By eccentrix

@dekkadekkadekka said:

It's against the Steam TOS to use a payment method outside of the country it's issued in. By which I mean that you can't use a UK issued credit card on the US store.

Does this mean I could use my American girlfriend's card to buy it and it would be okay?

dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@eccentrix said:

@dekkadekkadekka said:

It's against the Steam TOS to use a payment method outside of the country it's issued in. By which I mean that you can't use a UK issued credit card on the US store.

Does this mean I could use my American girlfriend's card to buy it and it would be okay?

From my understanding of the policy, yes. But check with Valve first, never hurts to get confirmation on these matters.

xMrSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By xMrSunshine

This game now has a date for the European release. It's also available for pre-purchase and for some reason you can already play the game if you buy it even though Steam says it's unavailable till the 15th of Feb next year. No shady VPNs or anything. From what I see it seems fully functional, Workshop works and I at least during the hour I played it worked like I think it should.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Cincaid

@xMrSunshine: I'm extremely close to buying it, but it feels Valve screwed up majorly on this and I wouldn't be surprised if they either removed it from the sale soon, or somehow locked away the game from being playable before the official release date. Obviously the release date is what it is due to some screwed up clause in some contract somewhere, and I imagine the Publisher won't be happy since it could be seen as a broken contract if they break the street date.

I'll wait until tomorrow and see how it looks by then, the current sale for it lasts for 48 hours anyway. :)

xMrSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By xMrSunshine

@Cincaid: The way I saw it was that I'd end up buying it anyway and it's probably not going to be more than 33% off in the near future so the best time to get it is now. Being able to play it now is an added bonus even if they lock it away which they indeed probably will do.

E: and now it just says Pre-load is complete. Welp, whatevs I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.