Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sebastian Vettel

Character » appears in 10 games

Vettel is a German Formula 1 driver who races for Red Bull.

F1 2011 Is Boring As NASCAR And It's All Due to Vettel

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Sup fools, ty and also brad,

Cracked open a new tube of cheddar pringles as I listen to "Hold Your Colours" by Pendulum while I watch some fat dude driving in a go-kart in some Discovery channel show. It's funny watching him fit inside it and put that helmet on...and then it got me thinking, F1 has been boring as fuck this season. Now, I shall explain why:

• Vettel - Aside from one race, Vettel has not lost first pole in any race. The races are just Vettel in first with drivers fighting for second.
    • New Car Builds - Not everyone is using the electro-turbo, and the people who do are often winning (no fucking surprise).
    • No one can beat Vettel - The kid is fucking half the age of most drivers and he's driving like everyone else has never driven a car before. The kid is fucking 23 years old and has proven to be better than everyone before him.
    • Lack of Overtaking - People are fucking stuck at their same posistion for most the race, even worse are the guys in top 3. It's Vettel, Frenchie, and another German. Wooptie fucking do.

The main problem is Vettel. I'm not saying it's his fault for being something that has never been seen in F1 but god fucking damn, could he even try to give others a chance?

He's 60 points ahead of second place, and from the looks of things he's going to keep growing that lead well into the end of the season. I am almost fucking positive that Vettel can drop out of the last 4-6 races of the seasons and still win the entire season. That's the point difference he's going to build up.

Vettel is ruining F1 and in the way no one thought possible. It's not even a fucking race anymore...it's just Vettel and people fighting for second.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Brendan

F1 needs to be on more competitive tracks. That's all I feel like typing in my nappy state.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By KarlPilkington

I agree with some of your points. However there is a shit load of overtaking in the midfield.

dabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dabe

F1 fucked up when they changed the points system.

But yeah, it's depressing seeing Vettel constantly hape fools like Button did in 2009 (for 7 races at least).

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ajamafalous

Are you ever not watching fat people?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

Why you gotta through Nascar under the bus?

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Winternet

How is F1 still relevant nowadays?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

@Winternet said:

More people watch a F1 race than people watch the Superbowl...and there's about 1-2 races a month.

Tuksit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tuksit

This thread has many many exaggerations. Did you watch Monaco last weekend? It was one of the most exciting races and certainly not Vettel running away with it. Also Montreal is coming up, which in my opinion is the most exciting track(yes they need more competitive tracks, some of the newest ones are quite...terrible).
    Also, show me an F1 driver in the current line up who's 46 years old.
     And finally, there are now french drivers in F1 so who's "Frenchie"?

Edit: Self grammar nazi.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Winternet

@KaosAngel said:

@Winternet said:

More people watch a F1 race than people watch the Superbowl...and there's about 1-2 races a month.

How is Superbowl relevant nowadays?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KaosAngel

@Menseguez: Monaco was a fluke on Vettel's pit crew and he still came back. You can't compare one mistake from his pit...hell, the fact that Vettel came back after that fuck up in the pit proves even more that Vettel is overpowered.

That kid is cheating with heightening his reflexes.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By XenoNick

Except for Vettel always leading (which I hate since I'm a Jenson fan) there is a lot of overtaking behind him. Red Bulls lead is also dropping a bit. Vettel hasn't ran away with the lead in the last two races.

Vettels' dominance is very much like Schumacher in the late 90's early 2000's.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By endaround

So you're saying F1 is finally getting to be as exciting as NASCAR?

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By EdIsCool

Senna > Vettel. Vettel may be best since Senna but Senna > everyone else. Significantly bigger balls.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KaosAngel

Let's be hones there, is anyone expecting anyone other than Vettel to win this year?

callik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By callik

I take it you never watched the 2000-04 seasons.

When the best driver is in the best car, you get dominance. History of F1 in one sentence.

Tuksit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tuksit
    @KaosAngel: Okay that's true but that's part of the sport. As are crashes which are what really helped him win Monaco as there is almost no way he that he could have won if not for that crash that redflagged the race. He's not overpowered, he just got lucky.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KaosAngel

@Callik: It's funny cause Red Bull is flat-out making an embarrassment of all other teams this season...and most of it is due to Vettel.

@Menseguez: That is unproven. Maybe the tire change saved the day for him, maybe it didn't...we can't know for sure. Vettel was on his way to win regardless, and even if he did place second he'd still have a very comfortable lead.

Tuksit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tuksit
    @KaosAngel: It's true, he could have maybe still won, but as was stated by the bbc commentators(and by mclaren), Vettel's tires were a couple of laps from basically becoming undriveable with loss of any sort of meaningful grip. If he had won in that situation I would most certainly agree with you though. As it is I think he's just a talented driver in what is currently the best car. The car imbalance will probably balance out but I do absolutely think he will win the championship this year.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Winternet said:

@KaosAngel said:

@Winternet said:

When everyone watches and talks about it it's probably a relevant thing.  I'm gonna say you are being a dick or live under a rock.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Winternet

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Winternet said:

@KaosAngel said:

@Winternet said:

When everyone watches and talks about it it's probably a relevant thing. I'm gonna say you are being a dick or live under a rock.

Neither. Superbowl has zero relevance to me and to the ones around me.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Winternet said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Winternet said:

@KaosAngel said:

@Winternet said:

When everyone watches and talks about it it's probably a relevant thing. I'm gonna say you are being a dick or live under a rock.

So correct answer is both and what's not important is you and your friends but the huge population that outnumber you and your buddies.
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By hockeymask27
    @KaosAngel: Its pretty bad. Then again vintage Schumacher Coulthard use to bore me because you knew it was going to be a 1,2 Ferrari 3,4 McLaren everyone else 5 laps down.  
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Winternet

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Winternet said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Winternet said:

@KaosAngel said:

@Winternet said:

So correct answer is both and what's not important is you and your friends but the huge population that outnumber you and your buddies.

Wrong. What IS important is me and my buddies. Those are the ones I care about. Makes sense.

Besides, there's far more people to whom Superbowl is meaningless than people that care about it,

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Winternet said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Winternet said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Winternet said:

@KaosAngel said:

@Winternet said:

Wrong. What IS important is me and my buddies. Those are the ones I care about. Makes sense.

Besides, there's far more people to whom Superbowl is meaningless than people that care about it,

But still a wholly relevant thing even to people outside of the sports culture as many trailers for games and film are shown there, some people just watch the commercials, news and other media covers the Hell out of it.  So you still really don't matter.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Winternet

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Winternet said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Winternet said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Winternet said:

@KaosAngel said:

@Winternet said:

But still a wholly relevant thing even to people outside of the sports culture as many trailers for games and film are shown there, some people just watch the commercials, news and other media covers the Hell out of it. So you still really don't matter.

There's no Superbowl coverage on my TV. Maybe, a little something at the end of the news. Zero relevance, still.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By Hunkulese

@KaosAngel said:

Sup fools, ty and also brad,

Cracked open a new tube of cheddar pringles as I listen to "Hold Your Colours" by Pendulum while I watch some fat dude driving in a go-kart in some Discovery channel show. It's funny watching him fit inside it and put that helmet on...and then it got me thinking, F1 has been boring as fuck this season. Now, I shall explain why:

• Vettel - Aside from one race, Vettel has not lost first pole in any race. The races are just Vettel in first with drivers fighting for second.
    • New Car Builds - Not everyone is using the electro-turbo, and the people who do are often winning (no fucking surprise).
    • No one can beat Vettel - The kid is fucking half the age of most drivers and he's driving like everyone else has never driven a car before. The kid is fucking 23 years old and has proven to be better than everyone before him.
    • Lack of Overtaking - People are fucking stuck at their same posistion for most the race, even worse are the guys in top 3. It's Vettel, Frenchie, and another German. Wooptie fucking do.

The main problem is Vettel. I'm not saying it's his fault for being something that has never been seen in F1 but god fucking damn, could he even try to give others a chance?

He's 60 points ahead of second place, and from the looks of things he's going to keep growing that lead well into the end of the season. I am almost fucking positive that Vettel can drop out of the last 4-6 races of the seasons and still win the entire season. That's the point difference he's going to build up.

Vettel is ruining F1 and in the way no one thought possible. It's not even a fucking race anymore...it's just Vettel and people fighting for second.

F1 has always been that way. Have you already forgotten Michael Schumacher?

Also what's up with all your stupid posts telling people what you're doing and eating?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KaosAngel

@Hunkulese said:

Also what's up with all your stupid posts telling people what you're doing and eating?

If you don't know, you don't know.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Winternet: No relevance to you but a lot of relevance to the American public.  What the guy was trying to say was that F1 is comparable to the relevance and coverage as the superbowl gets in America to the international relevance of F1 racing.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Winternet

@SethPhotopoulos: Hmm . . hardly. Superbowl is the no.1 sports event in America. F1 is far from being the no.1 event internationally.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.