Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Section 8

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Section 8 is a Sci-Fi first-person shooter that allows players to dynamically alter the flow of combat utilizing tactical assets and on-demand vehicle delivery. Your mission is to scout and secure difficult locations using the most advanced arsenal of military hardware known to man.

Fileplanet Beta of section 8

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By Davvyk

Has anyone downloaded the beta and had a play? Im on a mac so i cant give it a shot but im interested to hear people opinions. It looks a little bland to me from what ive seen but interested to hear opinions of people who have played the Beta?

Update: actually after looking at some gameplay footage on youtube it looks allot like tribes..... which i like 
    Game_Over

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Game_Over

I played it and its fun, but does seem kinda generic. What i really like is how you can completely customize your different load outs with any weapon or power ups you want. There are three different maps if i remember right, and each team has different objectives at different times. Some of them include protecting or stealing intel, and arming/disarming bombs to name a few. The graphics are nothing too special. I mean they aren't terrible, just nothing to special. I think Section 8 will be the type of game that won't revolutionize a genre, but will still be a lot of fun to play.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By RIDEBIRD

Well fuck me if this didn't come as a surprise.

Just played the beta for half an hour (it's 3 AM here), and it was really good fun. Encourage you to try it out. It's like Tribes meets BF, pretty much, with a good albeit a bit cluttered interface. Combat is smooth and fast, and dynamic objectives keeps it interesting. I went from a ''meh, got other stuff in september to buy'', to a probable day one purchase.

This comes from a guy that is totally starved on team based MP of this kind at the moment, and I have played every single Tribes game, and every single Battlefield game, for hundreds of hours. This is my favorite genre, and despite being generic, this is really polished and seems to encourage teamplay - which is what is most important in shooters like these.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

I'll end up playing it... 

...just for the achievements at least... 

...maybe.

EvilChicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By EvilChicken

Well... it KICK ASS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.