Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sega 32X

Platform »

Sega's short-lived jump into the 32-bit gaming era began with this add-on to the Sega Genesis.

What was your favorite 32x game?

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By yakov456

Look I know this thing was a train wreck from the start but there were a few gems for it. My personal favorite was doom on here. I did not have a pc at the time so this was the first time I could play doom in it's original state. 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I'm going to lie, I've never played the 32x and I heard it was crap.  It was so crappy, AVGN reviewed it.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By yakov456

Yes I know it was crap as was mentioned in my first post. Kind of looking for the few that played this and had a favorite game.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Is there such thing as a "Favorite 32X game?"
    But then again, Knuckles Chaotix is supposedly ok, although it's no Sonic CD.

milsorgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By milsorgen

I still don't have a 32X, but as far as favorite games on cruddy systems goes: 

Red Alarm for the Virtual Boy.

GamesWarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By GamesWarden

I love all the detracting comments from people who never owned one or played on it. 

Though to be fair, i'm not defending the 32X, it  was mostly awful, but as yakov said, it had a few gems. In fact, on grounds of software, i'd say its one of the best of a bad bunch on 'next-gen' consoles of that era. Look at the CD-I, 3DO, Jaguar or Amiga CD32. IMO it even had better games than that other add-on failure, the Mega-CD. 

I didn't own a 32X at the time, but have since acquired one with a few games out of curiosity. I'd say the best of what I've played is probably Star Wars Arcade. Pretty arcane by modern standards, but i actually enjoy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.