Sega Genesis Mini game wish list

#1 Posted by schindigg (168 posts) -

Since the Sega Mini has been "officially" announced they have released the first 10 of 40 games that will be included with that package, with the rest of them being announced 10 at a time. The games currently included are: {as of 3/2/19}

• Ecco the Dolphin
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines
  • Space Harrier 2
  • Shining Force
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
  • Toe Jam & Earl
  • Comix Zone
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Altered Beast
  • Gunstar Heroes

So the question is simply:

A) What are 2 games you'd like to see that haven't been announced -but probably WILL be;

and

B) What are 2 games you'd like to see that haven't been announced- but probably WONT be

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mine would be:

A) Columns and Vectorman

B) Zero Tolerance and Road Rash 2

#2 Edited by Onemanarmyy (4398 posts) -

A. Kid Chameleon & Ghosts & Ghouls

B. Earthworm Jim & Shining Force 2

#4 Edited by Nick (1039 posts) -

A. Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage 2

B. The Ren and Stimpy Show: Stimpy's Invention, Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (not the arcade version)

#5 Posted by OMGFather (1041 posts) -

A. Streets of Rage and Golden Axe

B. Aladdin and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker

#6 Posted by cikame (2824 posts) -

A. Sonic and Knuckles, Streets of Rage 2
B. Urban Strike, Dynamite Headdy.

#7 Edited by nutter (2137 posts) -

Shadowrun

Mortal Kombat 2 (I don’t think there’s a good way to buy this on modern hardware)

Shout out to General Chaos...but I just don’t imaging it holding up to how much I loved it at the time.

#8 Posted by redwing42 (525 posts) -

A. Phantasy Star 2, Phantasy Star 4

B. Tecmo Super Bowl, Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe

Moonwalker and Aladdin good picks as well

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
#9 Posted by hippie_genocide (2439 posts) -

10 at a time? Really?

#10 Posted by FrodoBaggins (2059 posts) -

A. Streets of Rage 2 and Flashback

B. Beavis and Butthead and Greendog

#11 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (759 posts) -

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Ecco: The Tides of Time.

The Lost Vikings and World of Illusion.

#12 Posted by Shindig (4937 posts) -

I think I've been covered through various collections.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
#13 Posted by not_a_bumblebee (125 posts) -

Dynamite Heady, Kid Chameleon, Shinobi 3 and Revenge, The Ooze, Ristar, and Contra Hard Corps would be cool.

Long shot and I am sure I'm in the minority but I would love to see Garfield: Caught in the Act. Pretty sprites and animations but kinda iffy platforming. It's a first party game so there is a small chance it might happen.

#14 Posted by Toxin066 (3541 posts) -

Sunset Riders.

I'm not dreaming, right? This isn't some Mandela Effect nonsense. That game did exist, even though it seems like it has ceased to.

#15 Posted by TopCat88 (372 posts) -

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Golden Axe

TMNT: Turtles in Time and World Cup Italia 90

#16 Posted by Drachmalius (660 posts) -

Streets of Rage and Golden Axe

Clue (strictly for nostalgia) and William's Arcades Greatest Hits (it had Defender, Joust, Sinistar, and Robotron on one cartridge!)

#17 Posted by fisk0 (6888 posts) -

When it comes to A, I definitely wouldn't say it's likely they would be among the included games, but at least not impossible, which I kinda think my B answers would be:

A: Herzog Zwei, Pier Solar (or Tanglewood, at least just one newly developed Genesis game would be cool to have on there)

B: Dune II: The Battle for Arrakis, Garry Kitchen's Super Battletank: War in the Gulf (or any of the other military sims for the platform; Abrams: Battle Tank, 688 Attack Sub, F-15 Strike Eagle II, LHX Attack Chopper, Gunship, F-117 Night Storm, MiG-29 Superfulcrum or F-22 Interceptor)

Moderator Online

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.