Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sega Saturn

Object » linked to 24 games

Sega's Fifth Generation video game console. This page is dedicated to games in which a Saturn console makes an appearance.

Specific or Generic Power Cable?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pazy

Are the power cables for Sega Saturns specific cables for Sega Saturns (or for other Sega Consoles) or are they generic ones? For example the connection on the Ps1/PS2 (and PS2 Slims power brick) is a generic A/V cable Ihave a thousand of but the Wii and N64 have power cables whose are specially made to connect to them. Im asking because the auction I won for a Saturn is for 2 consoles but I only really want/need one, it came with 3 controllers and Ive ordered second video cables (S-Video instead of Rf). I want to get another power cable so that I can offer it to a friend of mine if he wants it.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Castro

Unfortunately, the cable is not a generic one as you described.  The good news is that the Dreamcast cable works perfectly well in the Saturn. So if you or your friend have a Dreamcast, you're golden.  If you don't, it shouldn't be too difficult to find one I wouldn't think.  Good luck!

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By captain_clayman
    @Castro said:
    " Unfortunately, the cable is not a generic one as you described.  The good news is that the Dreamcast cable works perfectly well in the Saturn. So if you or your friend have a Dreamcast, you're golden.  If you don't, it shouldn't be too difficult to find one I wouldn't think.  Good luck! "
    yeah and some people still sell dreamcast parts if you don't have a dreamcast.
    71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By 71Ranchero

Well thats not exactly true. They aren't generic but they are the same as cables that you will sometimes get with other electronics. I have a handful of cables around from dvd players and whatnot that will work on Saturn.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pazy
    @Atramentous said:
    " Well thats not exactly true. They aren't generic but they are the same as cables that you will sometimes get with other electronics. I have a handful of cables around from dvd players and whatnot that will work on Saturn. "
    Is it the kind thats in the PS/Xbox's? I Have a lot of them, I think even my Hi-Fi uses them, and would easily be able to find a spare for them lying about my house.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Pazy said:
    " @Atramentous said:
    " Well thats not exactly true. They aren't generic but they are the same as cables that you will sometimes get with other electronics. I have a handful of cables around from dvd players and whatnot that will work on Saturn. "
    Is it the kind thats in the PS/Xbox's? I Have a lot of them, I think even my Hi-Fi uses them, and would easily be able to find a spare for them lying about my house. "
    I think so. If I recall correctly, I ended up using my old Xbox1 one last time I hooked my Saturn up.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pazy
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @Pazy said:
    " @Atramentous said:
    Is it the kind thats in the PS/Xbox's? I Have a lot of them, I think even my Hi-Fi uses them, and would easily be able to find a spare for them lying about my house. "
    I think so. If I recall correctly, I ended up using my old Xbox1 one last time I hooked my Saturn up. "
    Sweet, I didnt really want to buy another cable. As soon as it arrives, seller says wednesday/thursday, Ill test them both and give one away with a controller and game to whichever one of my friends wants it.
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Now I have the strange urge to buy one, there's a Saturn for about $20 at a local game store...may get my Panzer Dragoon on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.