Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 22, 2019

An action game by FromSoftware, the makers of Dark Souls.

Does curing everyone allow for you to continue side quests?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't got that far into it, I'm only now fighting the drunkard mini-boss, but I was worried about dragonrot. I've learned that dragonrot cannot kill NPC's (although it still needs to be confirmed; so far people say it's highly unlikely, perhaps impossible for NPC's to die), but I'm curious if the biggest consequence is that it locks you out from doing certain side quests. Say you get a quest from them and they get sick, will it just end until you go through the game again or will it resume once you cure them? I think that would suck because I get the feeling I won't want to go through this game again no matter how much I like it, but I'd like to see everything there is to see.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By soulcake

Quests just continue people only have a cough it seems edit: (not true quest seem to stop until you heal them), and if you ever find a death npc the most important items you find back at the shrine where the meatbag/skill trainer is at the main shrine (hope this makes sense).

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

@soulcake: It might make sense? So what you're saying is that you can still do all quests just as long as everyone is healed? I know that (or at least have read that) the questline will stop if they get sick, but it wasn't clear as to whether it'll continue once they're healed. If the quests do continue after they're healed, the consequences of dying feel slim (which, is not an issue to me).

So, to reiterate I guess, let's say I go get a quest from an NPC, I die enough for that or those specific characters to get sick, will this lock the quest for the remainder of the playthrough no matter what, or do I just have to simply cure everyone and I'm good to go again?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you cure them then it's fine, everything just resets back to how it was.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: Alright, thanks. Good to know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.