Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes is the latest game in Capcom's Sengoku Basara series. The first game in the series to be released outside Japan with the names and historical references intact. Crowd-clearing hack-and-slash play remains the same, with an expanded roster. The opening theme is "Naked Arms" by T.M. Revolution, closing is "Gyakkou" by Ishikawa Chiaki. Missions contain hidden objectives, and the ability to vary story progression by focusing on certain ones like attacking specific officers allow branching story.
Due to schedule cuts, certain aspects like online play and alternate dubs have been cut, but local co-op for certain modes is an option.
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes is the first game in the series to see a western release with its historical references in tact. Previous entries in the series were rebranded under the name Devil Kings. In both cases, all characters were renamed and the scenarios no longer referenced the Warring States era of Japanese history.
- Mitsunari Ishida - katana
- Yoshitsugu Outani- strung orbs
- Kanbe Kuroda - ball and chain
- Magoichi Saiga - various firearms
- Tsuruhime - bow
- Kenshin Uesugi
- Sourin Outomo - Zabii tank
- Kasuga - kunai
- Kojuurou Katakura - swords
- Hideaki Kobayakawa - frying pan
- Sasuke Sarutobi - hand held shuriken
- Muneshige Tachibana
- Tenkai - dual scythes
- Ujimasa Houjou - multiple pointed spear
- Toshiie Maeda - trident
- Matsu - naginata
- Yoshiaki Mogami - rapier