Senko no Ronde 2 (also known in Japan as Senko no Ronde 2: Reassembly From "DUO") is a 3D sci-fi fighting game developed by G.rev and released digitally by Chara-Ani (Degica Games outside of Japan) for the PlayStation 4 and PC on September 6, 2017.
A revamped home version of the 2009 game Senko no Ronde DUO, Senko no Ronde 2 replaces the "Partner" system with a new "Support Ability" system. It also features redrawn character art, a rewritten Story Mode, and DLC guest characters from the Cyber Troopers Virtual-On and Assault Suit series.
The Partner system from DUO is reworked, so that instead of choosing a Partner (now called "Operator"), players instead choose from 12 Support Abilities.
- Offensive Unit - Summons 12 turrets in random areas that attack in all directions. 99 sec. cooldown.
- Defensive Unit - Summons a shield of 6 turrets that remains in front of the Rounder. 99 sec. cooldown.
- Napalm - Generate three AOE explosions. 99 sec. cooldown. Cannot be used against B.O.S.S. forms.
- Bomb Strike - Generates a large amount of small AOE explosions at random locations. 99 sec. cooldown. Cannot be used against B.O.S.S. forms.
- Explosion - Generate a large explosion that damages the enemy and destroys bullets. 10 sec. cooldown. Can only be used against B.O.S.S. forms.
- Hyper Beam - Large and powerful beam attack. Slow-charging and can be interrupted. Can only be used against B.O.S.S. forms.
- Overdrive - Similar to the Overdrive technique from Senko no Ronde Rev. X, granting faster sub-weapon reload time and faster Charge Gauge charging. 99 sec. cooldown.
- Armor Drain - Mitigates damage taken. Receiving damage charges the Charge Gauge. 30 sec. cooldown.
- Super Charger - Charges the Charge Gauge. 30 sec. cooldown.
- Jamming (ECM) - Prevents the enemy from using Special Abilities and transforming into their B.O.S.S. form. 20 sec. cooldown. Cannot be used against B.O.S.S. forms.
- Anti-Field - Activates Anti-Field to push back enemies and destroy bullets. 20 sec. cooldown.
- Regenerator - Creates a regenerative field, restoring the Armor Gauges of all Rounders inside. 20 sec. cooldown. Cannot be used against B.O.S.S. forms.
Pilots, Rounders, and Operators
The game includes all 14 characters from Senko no Ronde DUO, with 4 added post-release (two of which are from the original Senko no Ronde and two of which are guest characters), for a total of 18 characters.
Unlike DUO, the Partners (now "Operators") in the game are no longer selectable, with players instead choosing a Support Ability. Each Pilot now has their own Rounder and Operator.
From Senko no Ronde DUO
From Senko no Ronde
The following two characters were not included in the original DUO and were added on September 27, 2017 as free DLC.
Two premium DLC packs were added on November 7, 2017, each adding a special guest character and four new music arrangements:
- Jake Brain (Valken, Crea) - From Cybernator. DLC also includes four arranged tracks from the game, made specifically for the game by guest composer Masahiko Ishida.