Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Senran Kagura

Franchise »

A series of ninja action games and spin-offs featuring busty, Japanese teenage girls.

Waypoint's Patrick Klepek interviewed Righteous Boobage Producer Kenichiro Takaki

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/the-designer-behind-senran-kagura-explains-why-his-games-are-full-of-barely-clothed-women

Considering all the folks who commented on the Quiet stuff in MGSV with "He should just admit he likes boobs", maybe you would get a kick out of an interview with a developer who is very open about liking boobs. That's not me, I always felt that was... you know, pretty damn implicit. You don't have to spell it out for me to get it. But there are some comments in there about what Takaki is going for with his games. I was especially interested in his comments about death. I beat Senran Kagura Estival Versus the other day, and that's a game that's one half girls having fun on a beach and one half getting over the death of their loved ones. I can't disagree with it making their personalities shine, but I'm not sure if it benefits the game either. It does make the characters less shallow, though.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

The Designer Behind 'Senran Kagura' Explains Why His Games Are Full Of Barely Clothed Women

I could answer that for him by saying, "Because he wants to." I might think games like this are dumb, but that's OK...they aren't for me. Just like "walking simulators" like Gone Home, Firewatch, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.