Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sex Change

Concept »

This applies to games where characters physically change from one sex to another. This ranges from a character being able to change sex as part of the gameplay (perhaps specifically of the opponents) to being limited to the story or character customisation between the sexes being permitted after starting a campaign.

Help identify a game

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#1  Edited By LordAndrew

A GameSpotter would like your help. Well, he didn't explicitly ask for your help, but I figured one of you might know. You're the gender change experts. ;-)

HarlockJC wrote:
    This game I use to play on the arcade. I think you started off has a boy and you had to jump up levels in a building. There were phone booths where you would change into a girl. It was a 2d platform game. The last time I played it was 20 years ago.
    Any ideas what it might be?
    ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Weird.  Not off-hand, but I can do a bit of research.  Thanks for the heads-up!

Come to think of it, was this maybe just some crazy Superman game where HarlockJC thought it was a girl, but it was really just a dude in tights and a cape?  20 year old memories have a tendency to get fuzzy.

If you can maybe ask him more questions about the details of the buildings, what advantage this phone booth stuff had, or anything of the sort, please ask him and post it here! :)

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HazBazz
    LordAndrew said:
    You're the gender change experts.

damn streight
    Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Giantkitty

One thing you can do here is go to games and do a year by year search. Since it's 20 years (~1988) maybe a reverse chronological search. Or if you remember an object in the game like phone booth or building something like that. Is it a U.S. or Japan arcade game?

But I do agree with ahoodedfigure, it could just be old game graphics and could look like a girl.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#5  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Phone booth winds up restricting it too much.  I can't figure out anything connected to that so far.  But yeah, a big question might be if it might have been from Japan.

Avatar image for nathanthomson11
    nathanthomson11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nathanthomson11

He likely came here because the gamespot mods locked his thread for talking about boys changing into girls....

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

Not at all. I came here because people already tried and failed to figure out which game it was. Keep the trolling out of here please.

Iggys_Stooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Iggys_Stooge

Well, the first link of a google search for gender+change+game+phone booth is this page, so it's far beyond my abilities.

Avatar image for nathanthomson11
    nathanthomson11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nathanthomson11

Overview

The player(s) takes control of the DC Comics character Superman, who must repair the bridge destroyed by Lex Luthor, capture Luthor and his criminals underlings, enter a phonebooth to turn back into Clark Kent, then return to the Daily Planet in the shortest amount of time. To slow Superman's progress, Kryptonite has been released by Luthor. If hit by Kryptonite, Superman loses his ablilities to capture criminals and fly. To regain them, he must find and kiss Lois Lane.

haha this is the closest thing I could find. Maybe the person looking for this accidently mistakened Superman for a female? I dunno, thats all I can come up with...I fail...

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordAndrew

I tried to do a web search and all I could find was Superman too.
    I'll see if I can get any more information out of him.

the_spork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_spork

It might have been a 'Ranma 1/2' game, because I remember playing one that was a 2d side-scroller.  You would change from a boy to a girl whenever you came into contact with a certain object, but I don't remeber it being a phonebooth.  Anyways, it sounds like your best bet.

gramo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gramo

Guys if you still out there i also want this game. Maybe my clues can help. I know you start of as a boy than as you progress you get a phone booth where you change to a girl. The boy could jump higher than the girl but dropped quickly to ground, she couldn't jump that high but dropped slower to ground and you could sort of glide in the air. They have a wooded hammer to destroy boxes and apposing creatures.As you progress with the levels you could change to a fatboy which is slow but hits harder than the other two and later you get to change to a tall skinny guy who jumped the highest and later an old man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.