Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Backtracking at endgame

Avatar image for thrashcowboy666
    ThrashCowboy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ThrashCowboy666

So I've already beat the game, and promptly reloaded to go back and pick up the rest of the stuff I've missed. 

Maybe I'm retarded, but is there a way to get back to the upper right part of the map? I can't seem to figure out how to get around the part with the elevator and two save rooms...

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Damian

Pretty sure those two in the top right have to be done before you can trigger the finale. I could be wrong though. Maybe someone's found a workaround.

Avatar image for wallacethegreat
    WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By WallacetheGreat

Yeah, you can't go back to that area once you trigger the explosion.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Osaladin

Same thing happened to me the first time I beat the game.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Only way over there is to make sure you don't blow shit up.  You also won't be able to get the Inertia whatever-the-fuck-it's-called gun thingie after the explosion either. 

There are a ton of really great strategy guides for the sequences to run in online.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Osaladin

I just delayed getting the 4th piece of armor until I got every other item on the map. I got the gun then went down and got the helmet, after that, I was golden. It's kind of sad that you don't get much time to play with the helmet, but oh well. I would have liked if there was an option to start a new game with a fully decked out character.

SketchyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SketchyBrown

I was able to get back into the far Eastern sections of the map (past that elevator) by blowing a hole in the save room floor (missile vent, semi-hidden) at the bottom of the elevator shaft. From there you can get underneath the elevator and manipulate it's position so you can work your way further eastward. I stumbled upon the final boss accidentally while working my way to the eastern sections of the complex and found this was the only way I could work my way back.

Avatar image for thrashcowboy666
    ThrashCowboy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThrashCowboy666
    @SketchyBrown: thank you! let the collectathon begin!
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By WickedCestus
    @SketchyBrown said:
    " I was able to get back into the far Eastern sections of the map (past that elevator) by blowing a hole in the save room floor (missile vent, semi-hidden) at the bottom of the elevator shaft. From there you can get underneath the elevator and manipulate it's position so you can work your way further eastward. I stumbled upon the final boss accidentally while working my way to the eastern sections of the complex and found this was the only way I could work my way back. "

Yeah, everybody says it's impossible but I found it on my first playthrough without a guide.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.