Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Completionist/beating the game

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

For people who have beatent the game/gotten the achievement - do you have toget 100% of the items before beating the game to get this, or can you finish the game and then either keep playing/load up an old save to go item hunting and still get it?
    Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Snipzor

You have to get all items and then finish the game to get the achievement.

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CoverlessTech

If you finish the game and select "load" it will load you back on the dock right before the boss so you can go back and get anything you missed.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Luke
    @CoverlessTech said:
    " If you finish the game and select "load" it will load you back on the dock right before the boss so you can go back and get anything you missed. "
    Anything except the missable gun, which will put you at 99% and make go all sad faced like me :'( 
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CoverlessTech
    @Luke said:
    " @CoverlessTech said:
    " If you finish the game and select "load" it will load you back on the dock right before the boss so you can go back and get anything you missed. "
    Anything except the missable gun, which will put you at 99% and make go all sad faced like me :'(  "
    Wow, there is a an item you can miss? I though ever thing was open at the end, that sucks.
    bandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By bandro

i'm totally not digging the fact that after collecting all of the items, you have to recollect everything when doing another runthrough on a harder setting.. that's correct right?  you know, they encourage multiple playthroughs, but forget the fact that anyone who has invested enough time to completely level their character in all aspects (exp and collectables) is going to be absolutely miserable at the thought of having to sacrifice it all to experience the game on a harder setting.

I don't do these things for the achievements, I do it for that sense of completion and to know that my character is fully levelled/kitted up.  It sounds to me like COD4's Prestige Mode without the choice.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hitchenson
    @bandro: Think about it, if I start a new game with 100% of the items, I could complete the game in 15 minutes. You keep your level/XP on all run throughs of the game, that's enough. 
    Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Metroid545
    @CoverlessTech said:

" @Luke said:

" @CoverlessTech said:
    Anything except the missable gun, which will put you at 99% and make go all sad faced like me :'(  "
    Wow, there is a an item you can miss? I though ever thing was open at the end, that sucks. "
    yeah if you pass by the gun and activate the part where everything goes boom in that one area you can't get the gun
    bandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bandro
    @Hitchenson said:
    " @bandro: Think about it, if I start a new game with 100% of the items, I could complete the game in 15 minutes. You keep your level/XP on all run throughs of the game, that's enough.  "
    Well, I'm aware that I sound like a broken record here - but it's not enough.  At no point did I imply that I think it would be a good idea to start the game with those items (grappling hook, boost, etc).  What I'm talking about here is the health, armour, grenade, missile enhancers etc.  If I reunlock the foam gun the usual way, I DON'T want to have to go exploring for the packs again to up my ammo count - It's not fun the second time around.  Would it really be so game-destroying to just have maximum ammo from the moment you unlock the weapon?  The short answer is that it would barely make any difference to the game, but save the player from a shitload of unnecessary work.  Nooks and crannies can only be interesting places to explore a certain amount of times....
    sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By sickVisionz

^  You don't have to play completionist style every single time, especially if you've already unlocked the achievements.  It's not like you can't beat the game without unlimited ammo.  12 or so of anything is enough to get you through anything and by the time you're running out of ammo you'll probably pass a save room that will max you out again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.