Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow of the Colossus

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 18, 2005

Explore the Forbidden Land as Wander, a young warrior who must slay sixteen Colossi in order to restore the life of a sacrificed maiden.

Just played SOTC for the first time :3

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

and I am speechless, my god this game is hard to describe in words, it doesn't even feel like a game, doesn't feel like a movie, it's just like a art masterpiece.

enough gushing....no games perfect but it is need in a league of its own, but now I'm really intrigued to see what team ICO has coming for the ps3 :3

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By atejas

Yeah, I was like that the first time I finished it as well.
    One of my favourite games of all time, bar only maybe Deus Ex.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By samcotts

You've got me interested in Shadow of the Colossus now. I might have to pick it up at some point. Sounds like my kinda game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

samcotts said:
    "You've got me interested in Shadow of the Colossus now. I might have to pick it up at some point. Sounds like my kinda game."
    yea I really like it so far, I love how it's a very simple concept too, use your little character to take down the big ass giant. Done. Simple. :3

I love games that have simple concepts but can flesh them out amazingly, portal for example, simple concept use portal to get from point A to B, they don't make the game itself more complex, but how you need to use the portal becomes more complex but its still the same simple concept :3
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Steve_C

Yeah, i love that game. You should try to get a hold of ICO if you can too. it's got a slightly different vibe, just based on what you do, but like SotC it's an 'experience'.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve_C said:
    "Yeah, i love that game. You should try to get a hold of ICO if you can too. it's got a slightly different vibe, just based on what you do, but like SotC it's an 'experience'."
    Yea I'm gonna look for it once I beat SOTC, definitely gonna have to buy it used though >_<

I've seen it go for 200 to 400 brand new online (*o*)
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Steve_C

I got it about half a year ago on ebay for £20. Mint condition in the paper box thing along with all the art cards. So awesome.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb

I think people put Shadow of the Colossus on too high of a pedestle, but I'll admit that it is definitely a very good game.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By danielkempster

I absolutely loved SotC, to the point where I'd say it's one of the defining moments of the last generation of consoles. Were it not for the multitude of games I have yet to finish (or even start, in some cases), I'd definitely have played it again by now.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Man, I plugged in my PS2 a couple of weeks back to play SoTC and Okami and it was broken. D:

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Meowayne

Great to see that it's still enjoyable if you haven't played it when it was new.

It's something that doesn't apply to many of the games considered "greatest", including Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy VII.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Feels like a boss battle mode with more jaggies than a PSX game

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Red

Yeah, I think that Shadow of the Colossus is the best game I've ever played.

I gotta play ICO some time.
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By SpinCookie

I got a ps2 over the summer and SOTC was the first game I played for it.  I love it, I can't wait to pick up ICO and hear more about team ICO's new PS3 project.  I'm in the middle of the original God of War now and really want to get Dragon Quest VIII.

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rio
    Lieutenant said:
    "Jman522 said:
    "and I am speechless, my god this game is hard to describe in words, it doesn't even feel like a game, doesn't feel like a movie, it's just like a art masterpiece.

enough gushing....no games perfect but it is need in a league of its own, but now I'm really intrigued to see what team ICO has coming for the ps3 :3"
    beautiful game, severely overrated though... gameplay is complete garbage and and agro controls like crap but just the sheer scale of the game drowns those cons out"
    Gameplay garbage and agro controls like crap?  I must be playing a different game or something.  The gameplay and horse mechanics on SOTC are extremely satisfying........ your comment gives me a headache.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Red

It's an incredible game. As I've said before: if a game can go from an incredibly epic fight to making someone cry in a heartbeat it has become art. Plus, 16 of the best boss fights ever, an awesome soundtrack, smooth controls, and just a beautiful artistic and graphical design helps too.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Optiow

I do love the legend story.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hexpane

SOTC is one of the most memorable games I've played.  Not the "best game" but most memorable and emotional.  Right up there with the godly ICO and of course Out of This World. OOTW for me started this whole deal of "oh no my fwiendz, thizz izz mr03 than just a gmA3!!!:

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By jlrm01

I love this game. It is one of the very few games where I've questioned what I was doing gameplay-wise (killing the "bosses"), and I actually wandered around thinking / trying to find if there was another way (but knowing in my gut that there was no alternative) of solving things. I felt bad about killing those amazing creatures.

Team ICO really nails the atmosphere in their games, in my opinion. I hope by the time a new game by them comes out I have a PS3...

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lieutenant
    Rio said:
    "Lieutenant said:
    "Jman522 said:
    "and I am speechless, my god this game is hard to describe in words, it doesn't even feel like a game, doesn't feel like a movie, it's just like a art masterpiece.

enough gushing....no games perfect but it is need in a league of its own, but now I'm really intrigued to see what team ICO has coming for the ps3 :3"
    beautiful game, severely overrated though... gameplay is complete garbage and and agro controls like crap but just the sheer scale of the game drowns those cons out"
    Gameplay garbage and agro controls like crap?  I must be playing a different game or something.  The gameplay and horse mechanics on SOTC are extremely satisfying........ your comment gives me a headache."
    Yeah you must be. It's a bad game wrapped up in a amazing experience.
    Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hexpane
    Lieutenant said:
    " 

Yeah you must be. It's a bad game wrapped up in a amazing experience.
    "
    No such thing.  Controls are certainly not perfect, but it's impossible to think something was "amazing" but the core was "bad"
    xionpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xionpunk

I was hooked the moment I shot the first colossus with and arrow from a distance and pissed him off.  Seeing that giant slowly turn and march towards me ...an increedible game experience.

Avatar image for xxmarkit8dudexx
    xxMarkIt8Dudexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xxMarkIt8Dudexx
    @Red: My favorite game. My #2 all-time behind Demon's Souls.
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Baillie

Really I tried playing it before and it was a total meh. I guess I'll try playing it again tomorrow. Wish me luck.

gormanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gormanator

The Last Guardian makes me want a ps3 so bad it hurts

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.