Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow of the Colossus

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 18, 2005

Explore the Forbidden Land as Wander, a young warrior who must slay sixteen Colossi in order to restore the life of a sacrificed maiden.

Shadow Of The Colossus: The Movie?

• 68 results
    Avatar image for jollywhitegiant
    jollywhitegiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By jollywhitegiant

That game would make a terrible movie... seeing the movie would also destroy the good memories I have of the game. Count me out. 

I never know who this stuff is aimed at because, in general, it seems like fans of a game will acknowledge that the movie is going to be awful. 
    DannyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By DannyJ

If he has The Rock star as one of the Colossus then I will watch it.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Shabs

Gah, why do they make these?

If you take a beloved game license, then destroy what the fans of that license like about it, what is the market for your movie?  If it's not those fans, then why use the license to begin with?!  The sick pleasure of torturing game fans by destroying that which they love?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't going to be good.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Verdugo

Just cause it deserves another one:

Yes, this idea sucks so much that I posted this picture again.
    Yes, this idea sucks so much that I posted this picture again.

(I posted this in Bog's topic)
    Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Crono

Movies hate video games
    Video games hate movies

This is why one based off of the other always results in ruining the original's content.  They used to date you know?  Things ended badly and this is the result.  Thanks a lot E.T.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Media_Master

No way...

JamesM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By JamesM

The things that made Shadow of the Colossus great were things that would be very difficult to translate to film. I'm inclined to agree with Mr Snider in the sense that it would make sense to be arty (at the risk of pretention) and keep things silent. I mean, that game seemed to be in large part about going on a solitary journey, not even encountering enemies for most of it. On the other hand, I think it would benefit from some sort of budget, or at least film-makers skilled enough to pull off something really impressive and seamless. That said, I imagine having too much money behind it could ruin it. Judging by some international films I've seen with no prior knowledge, special effects are reaching the point where it doesn't take all Hollywood's millions to create something impressive. Anyway, it'd be very difficult to convey the sense of exploration and inhabitance in the environment found in the game. Then again, Pixar made the opening of Wall-E utterly engaging (and arguably better than the rest of the film), so I guess it would be possible with sufficient talent.

The main point of this way-too-long comment is that I've written about almost this exact subject before. It's the larger of the whopping two blog posts I've done on this site. So, you know, if want to go "tl;dr", click here. It's a sprawling mess of thoughts, but if it manages to tease any thoughts out of any readers, which I imagine it won't get, please feel free to leave them as comments. If not, whatever. I don't mind talking to a brick wall. Or an infinite void. Whichever the Internet is.

I'm guessing this film will never be completed.
    ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By ZeroCast

Dear Sony Pictures;

No.

Yours
    The Faithful Shadow of the Colossus Fans.
    xoxo

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By RHCPfan24

*hears idea* *pours self in kerosene* *lights match*

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By tebbit

For fucks sake...

They're gonna make a completely forgettable movie out of what was formerly known as an awesome game.

Excuse me while I "accidentally" kill myself in a deep-frier.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Whats with the ahte against Lord of the Rings? Lets see YOU make a trillogy of movies based on that kind of source text.

W
    ould be cool if they stuck with the source better. And, if they actually had a writer, not a retard.

I'm thinking the chaps who did Hellboy could do a good job with this.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#63  Edited By Kyle

NO!! DEAR GOD NO!! PLEASE PLEASE NO NO NO PLEASE PLEEEEAAAASE NOOOOOO!!! WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?! DO YOU WANT MY ARM!?! TAKE IT! TAKE THE ARM!! JUST PLEASE LEAVE COLOSSUS ALONE!!!!

What is wrong with you that you would think this game could ever possibly work on any level as a film, Snider? And it's AN Andre the Giant documentary, not A. It's stabbing my Grammar Nazi eyes. >_<

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By ashogo

wait what...WHAT? This has got to be a late april fools joke. I'm not laughing though.

I wonder what team ico thinks of this?

Great_Gregory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By Great_Gregory

:O I can't believe they think this is a good idea... what the hell? I'm blown away at the stupity of this concept. "'Lord of the Rings'-style?" I might rage a bit if they follow hrough with this. (and by a bit i mean

:
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By Plasma

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU RESURRECT THIS YOU IDIOT.

Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By Korne

I can see in my head how the movie could be good... but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

I think the movie should have 3 points of view, switching between characters and times. One would be Wander facing the colossi, which would use a lot of wide shots with cool depth of field effects contrasted by close up over the should shots of the giant climb. Another perspective would be Wander and the girl living in the village before the catastrophe happens (which I believe shouldn't be told), and the last perspective would be the village elders tracking Wander to the forbidden land. I think a minimalistic approach to the story tied with the epic battles and heavy emotions could really work towards the stunning conclusion.   

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#68  Edited By armaan8014

Is it still being made?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.